cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Wordpress initial setup failing while installing the theme .

Just bought the hosting and started installing wordpress.

The install of wordpress looks successful ,but the theme installation fails .

There is no way to bypass the theme installation .

I want to see my wordpress dashboard but the url redirects to the theme installation again.

http://apartmentinfo.in/wp-admin/?page=wpem&step=theme 

This similar issue has been logged 3 weeks back where the customer support has not posted any replies. I do not see a email id to contact the customer care.

neither are any agents online .

Is this called award winning support ? 

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Wordpress initial setup failing while installing the theme .

Hi @deepikag, thanks for posting.

I'm not aware of any specific issues that would cause this. I can only suggest that you try uninstalling WordPress or removing the site (depending on if you are using cPanel or Managed WordPress) and try setting it up again.
You may also want to contact Support to see if they can review your account for you. General email support isn't available, but live chat and 24/7 phone support is available.
^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status

live chat is not available. It says available in text and says no chat agents are available .This has been the case since 3 days .So you could as well write live chat is not avaialble.

Regarding not having email support and not even having a toll free number for Indian customers is really bad.please add these.

did you get a response I have the same issue

I recently installed a WP site through Godaddy – and had the same problem. I found a solution by scrolling to the bottom of the page, then clicking within the box that had the enlarged thumbnails, and then holding the down arrow for several seconds.

This revealed another set of options that were previously hidden. I was able to complete the process using these additional options.

Here is a screen shot I took to help
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/103398474/UI%20issue.png

Hope this helps

New

Rename your plugin folder then the  page=wpem&step=theme  will gone

Happy Coding

New

Thank you so much.

Worked a charm.

Any idea why this happens?

I had the same issue.  I am using Chrome.  I got the same redirect to ?page=wpem&step=theme with no themes loading in the window.  I also found in the address bar a little shield with a warning icon inside protecting against "unsafe scripts".  When I clicked on the shield icon and allowed the scripts, the window was populated with a selection of themes and I was able to continue through the initial setup.

I'm having the same problem.  Just purchased Wordpress, installed and now cannot create the staging site I purchased.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

@johnpc58

It's difficult to speculate at what may be causing an issue with a failed WordPress installation without having access to the hosting plan where the install was placed.  The first step would be to attempt a fresh install to see if you're able to complete the process on the second try.  If that also fails, you can attempt to do the installation from a different browser to eliminate a browser specific issue.  If the installation fails multiple times from multiple browsers, you would need to contact our live support teams so we can review the error in more detail. 

Our support teams will be able to look at your individual account and help you successfully install the WordPress instance.  Thank you.