cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Unable to see media library - unable to see Wordpress sites

I've been working for two weeks trying to transfer Wordpress websites into Godaddy.

1. Unable to transfer sites in using one-click and manual methods. They don't work - even when support is walking me through the process.

2. I did manage to create a brand new Wordpress instance. That's easy, but now when I click on the media library, the page never displays and times out

Needless to say - these are woefully frustrating experiences when you're trying to get work accomplished.

I paid for a year in advance for five domains. I've yet to get one to work and next step will be refund.

Before I give up - I'm trying my best not to - Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Lisa,

Turns out some of the web developer themes from Themeforest require mor memory allocation via PHP. I managed to improve the display to get it to work anyway, but I'm still having problems with Wordpress again with moving sites. I will work toward solution again this week and see if I can find any more clues.

Thanks for the response though...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Advocate VI

@carljung,

First question: which hosting package are you using? Cpanel? Managed WordPress?

Hello Lisa,

Managed Wordpress.

Thanks for the response.

Lisa,

Turns out some of the web developer themes from Themeforest require mor memory allocation via PHP. I managed to improve the display to get it to work anyway, but I'm still having problems with Wordpress again with moving sites. I will work toward solution again this week and see if I can find any more clues.

Thanks for the response though...

View solution in original post

Hello Godaddy Team,

i recently migrated a wordpress site i manage from one account to a new account, before migrating everything was fine. Now, when I click on add media and select any image it says... "Unable to create directory uploads/2017/10. Is its parent directory writable by the server? "  so i created a this directory from the cpanel, but when i try to upload from wordpress it still brings error"this directory can not be access" but if i upload from cpanel directly, it works but i can't view from the wordpress admin page.

Any help will be great.