cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Unable to add plugin in wordpress

Every time I try to upload  and install the wc vendors plugin in my wordpress software, I am being directed to a page telling me:

The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini.

Someone plz help me with this. I don't know php and I am very new to cpanel and all this stuff

3 REPLIES 3
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Re: Unable to add plugin in wordpress

@arish

Could it be you are uploading the wrong .zip file?  Try unzipping and looking within for the actual plugin .zip.   Premium plugins come in a main zip that then contains all the documentation and other info you my need.  Within that main .zip is the actual plugin's .zip that you upload.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
"Worry is a misuse of imagination." ~Unknown
Helper V

@arish

Hello there,

If you are still getting this error after you check out the advice that has already been given, go into your file manager, public_html/wp-includes/default-constants.php change your file size..... this is if the advice given is not working or if you get this error when doing something else that needs done.

Wish you well!

Mrsroadrunner Photography

You must increase the size of your maximum upload size on your server. You are trying to upload something that is bigger than your max upload size. Here is a tutorial on how to change your php.ini file and increase the limit https://www.godaddy.com/help/change-php-settings-26379