cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plesk based windows hosting wait time is too long

I have a plesk based windows hosting and have a deluxe package. I hosted a simple wordpress web site and it takes too long to load. I used GTMetrix to test speed and found that the initial wait time is 12 to 14 seconds. I have another CPanel based linux hosting and it hosts the same site and there the wait time is just 2 to 3 seconds. Even If I remove everything and put a simple html page with one line of text in it, that also takes too long to load. Can anyone help, I fear it is the windows IIS based hosting that is very slow.

3 REPLIES 3
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Re: Plesk based windows hosting wait time is too long

There are so many variables that could show down your hosting @lazers378. Seems like yours might be more server relayed than platform related? I'm assuming you are on a high utilization shared server? Of even a simple sensor is slow maybe along for a new IP or something? 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

I am on shared hosting, Godady will know about the utilization of server I am on. Even the wordpress admin side login and navigation after login is too slow. I just noticed that someone else on shared hosting linux was not having these issues so will moving to linux / cpanel resolve my issues or a different hosting ?

Super User I Super User I
Super User I

In my mind the internet as a whole has been slower for many reasons as of late. I don't know specifically why your website is slow but you should contact support and get their view. As I mentored your issue does not seem platform specific. 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head