cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Password reset from wordpress not showing in my inbox

Hi all,

I'm trying to reset my wordpress.org password.

I've clicked on the "Lost Password" link, entered my username/email, and I see the "check your email for the confirmation link" message, but nothing shows up in my inbox. (I've also tried updating my password through the cPanel Installatron applications but that didn't work.)

I have read that there may be some email restrictions from the host but I'm not sure to manage those.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to deal with this?

Cheers!

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Password reset from wordpress not showing in my inbox

Hi @jadegabrielle. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! I have seen this issue a few times. Usually, you need to include an SMTP plugin for the install to make sure WordPress is using relay-hosting.secureserver.net when it sends an email. However, if you're not able to get in, you'll need to solve your login issue a different way first. 

If you're not able to update the password using Installatron, I'd recommend trying to do it via phpMyAdmin. This WordPress Codex article explains how to do that. Hope it works out for you!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.