cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration in progress - Wordpress Auto migration error 40%

Migration in progress - Wordpress Auto migration error 40%

I'm currently stuck at 40% as well. I have no other options available.

after 5 hours @ 65% - something happens!  40% Migration....followed by.....  Migration Error!

Help me delete "73c.c4d.myftpupload.com"

Thank Godady !

3 REPLIES 3
Advocate VI Advocate VI
Advocate VI

Re: Migration in progress - Wordpress Auto migration error 40%

You should be able to log in and delete that installation, and try it again. I do a lot of migrations and every once in a great while, I get an error. 

Sometimes the issue is that you have a plug-in on the old site that GoDaddy does not like (that is, they may consider it a security risk). Also, I find that WordFence is often problematic (it's trying to be smart and secure, and is preventing the migration activity). So you could try disabling WordFence before attempting the migration again.

If it fails twice, then call tech support. They can usually help you figure out why it's failing. If the migration DOES fail, there are ways to do it manually using FTP, and they will help you with the database. So don't give up hope!

@webdiva wrote:

You should be able to log in and delete that installation, and try it again. I do a lot of migrations and every once in a great while, I get an error. 

Sometimes the issue is that you have a plug-in on the old site that GoDaddy does not like (that is, they may consider it a security risk). Also, I find that WordFence is often problematic (it's trying to be smart and secure, and is preventing the migration activity). So you could try disabling WordFence before attempting the migration again.

If it fails twice, then call tech support. They can usually help you figure out why it's failing. If the migration DOES fail, there are ways to do it manually using FTP, and they will help you with the database. So don't give up hope!

I getting same problem with my site "d9a.6ae.myftpupload.com"

Please help !

I have had the same problem twice now and they try to get me to sign up for their new website builder. This has been going on for a week. The last guy said that they can get someone to help me but I will be charged. I have had so many different opinions and suggestions. I am at my wits end. This was supposed to be the best hosting site!