cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Migrating Wordpress website from Bluehost

Hello,

I bought a web hosting space from GoDaddy and need to transfer a wordpress website to it. The domain (GoDaddy) was previously forwarding to the web address of the website (hosted in Bluehost), but I want it linked to the new dedicated web hosting space. I followed all the instructions I found, but doesn't work. Here is what I did:

- downloaded files and exported database of the wordpress website

- created new database and imported the saved database

- changed the wp-config file with the new database info

- uploaded all the files

If I go to the domain address www.MYWEBSITE.com/SUBFOLDER/wp-admin I get a default GoDaddy page instead of the wordpress login. It seems that the domain is not mapping to the wordpress files (the files are all there and visible from file manager)

Note: www.MYWEBSITE.com is still forwarding to my bluehost-hosted website, but that should not prevent loggin in from www.MYWEBSITE.com/SUBFOLDER/ where the files are

Note2: removing the domain forwarding does not solve the problem

Thanks for the help.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Migrating Wordpress website from Bluehost

Hi @ric22,

I'm hoping that you've been able to get this taken care of. If not, here's a great video with step-by-step instructions of how to migrate a website to Managed WordPress Hosting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r71bvBNBxw4. It would be great if you'd come back and share what steps you took to migrate your site so other community members who may have the same challenges, will see your solution. Thanks much and take care!

Rachel