cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Draft posts are publishing

My site has started auto-publishing draft posts when I save a draft of an article.  This is super embarrassing and appears really unprofessional in my opinion, because I don't always have photos in the posts yet, or worse, they're half-written.  I have only had this issue this year and have been publishing on various sites for years.  The only way to "unpublish it" appears to be to trash the whole post.  I know it will autosave every few seconds, but what's the point of the save draft button if it doesn't work as intended?  Can someone please help me figure out how to fix this?  It's not ideal to trash posts and then untrash them when I'm ready to finalize an article just because I've hit save draft out of habit.  Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Draft posts are publishing

Hi @BDiaz. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! I have to say that's pretty bizarre. I've not ever heard of this happening before. The first thing I'd suggest doing is disabling all your plugins just to make sure that's not where the issue is coming from. If the behavior stops, then you can enable the plugins one at a time to see which one is the culprit. I hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

It happened to me too, and now my draft is gone. How can I restore it?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @zahleh. Thanks for posting. My advice above would still apply to your situation (at least for the draft being auto-published). As for your draft not appearing, that depends on what you mean. If you deleted the post, it should be in the "Trash" area of your Posts page. If that's not what you mean, then I'd suggest creating your own topic to explain your situation since it seems to be somewhat different than what was posted above. Before you do, you may want to review the post here to learn more about what kind of information you can supply to help others offer good responses. Hope you're able to get this figured out!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.