cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comment box not responding properly

Hello,
I have been trying to figure this out for a few months. Comments are only available to readers who are registered and are email list subscribers. Readers who follow a link from social media or who go to my blog yippikiyo.com do not have an option to comment. I have checked under SETTINGS -DISCUSSION that comments are allowed with just entering email address. For each post I make sure I allow comments. I do have the box checked that requires approval for comment unless the commenter has been previously approved.
Still I am told that there is no comment box unless the reader is a registered wordpress.com and is logged in.
Can you please advise? I am flummoxed.
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Comment box not responding properly

Also, I have screen shots of the settings to verify them but cannot seem to paste them onto my question
Super User III
Super User III

@yippikiyo 

I was just able to visit your site and goto http://www.yippikiyo.com/2019/11/diy-100-truck-bed-camper/ and leave a comment - it says awaiting moderation. I'm not sure why someone would be telling you that they can't leave a comment unless they are registered

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Thank you so much for testing this for me! I find it curious as two different people mentioned they could not see the comment section when following a link from Facebook rather than the emailed link from the plug-in.

To make sure I fully understand, you went to the URL yippikiyo.com and saw the latest post on the page, DIY $100 truck camper, with comment box below it and then another post further below it.

Do you know how to post screen shots? I could then post the screen shots where comment box is not showing. The latest comment widget is showing on the right but no comment box is available. However, if the reader clicks the title of the post from the main page and is taken to the page the post is on by itself, then the comment box does show up.

I will continue to look into this. Your ability to see the comment and have it require moderation is exactly how I set it up and has helped to at least narrow down my issue. My desire is to have the comment box show on any page, especially the main page that a reader visits when going to yippikiyo.com.

Thank you again!!!! If you have further insight, I would so much appreciate it!

Super User III
Super User III

@yippikiyo 

The comments box is on the POST itself, not on the homepage (Lister) - Normally a home page gives an excerpt or summary of the article and then you click to read more.

I just did a quick google search and I couldn't find anything that would suggest that this can be done from the home page / category pages - it is really designed to be done on the post itself

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Re: Comment box not responding properly/?isc=gdcommment

Thank you so much! That helps me understand that I need to see if I can readjust the page settings so readers will have to click through. I very much appreciate your help!