cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

A record

Hello,

I have a problem with pointing my domain name to IP adress. When I tried to change my host name in my A record from "@" to my domain name: "Lotexlogistics.com" It failed. I could change it to "lotexlogistic.com" or any other that had 1 symbol less then my domain name. Guide says that domain can have 25 symbols.

6 REPLIES 6
Employee
Employee

Re: A record

Hi @MaxD

Thank you for your post.

The @ symbol in the DNS represents the primary domain, adding the domain name itself instead of @ would be a redundancy which is why you are experiencing an error when attempting to save.

If you would like to point the primary domain to an I.P. simple modify the "Points to" section with the new I.P. and leave the "Host" as "@"

Hope this helps!

-TechFly

New

Still can not reach my site via Wordpress, DNS not found. I`ve updated my domains A record, will wait 24 hours and will contact you if no result. Thank you.

Employee
Employee

Hi @MaxD

Thank you for your response. I took a look at Lotexlogistics.com and I do see that it is resolving to a hosting account as the "Future home of something cool" page is coming up.  However, I don't see the wordpress home page as I would normally expect to. 

The results signify that the DNS is pointed and resolving. However, I recommend that you review the wordpress install to ensure that it is installed to the proper directory for that domain. If Lotexlogistics.com is the primary domain on the hosting account, the install should be in the public_html directory if using cpanel. 

Hope this helps!

-TechFly

New

The probles still apears when i try to go to website via WP, it`s instaled to public derictory. Error code is "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN".

Employee
Employee

Hi @MaxD

Thank you for the update. There seems to be a missing cname for www. Try accessing your zone file and add a cname with the following values. 

Host = www

Points to = @

Add a CNAME record
https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-a-cname-record-19236?

See if that resolves the DNS issue you are seeing.

Best Wishes!

-TechFly

New

Solved, by instalation WP to "lotexlogistics.com" not to "www.***.com".
The next problem is my office 365 setup. I`ve changed all records acording to my Office 365 account info. But still no result, can not verify my domain ownership.

@

A

1h

Delete
Edit

@

MX

1h

0 lotexlogistics-com.mail.protection.outlook.com.
Delete
Edit

@

TXT

1h

"MS=ms22332970"

"v=spf1 include:spf.protection.outlook.com -all"
Delete
Edit

_sip_tls

SRV

1h