cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Unsecure forward

I am forwarding a godady domain to a godaddy site and its unsecure! But the main site is secure how do I go about getting this secured it is causing problems for my business. If my site isnt Secure this kills trust for customers visiting my site who could possibly be future clients but because They could be afraid to share information with the scams that go on in todays time !! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@Tadariusleak 

If you are referring to using the GoDaddy DNS Forwarding feature - you are correct that GoDaddy does not provide / offer an SSL certificate with this service at this time. If you are in needs of having your domain which is forwarding have an SSL certificate on it, the only solution I am aware of at this time is to use CloudFlare DNS and their forwarding feature which will include an SSL Certificate

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User IV

@Tadariusleak 

If you are referring to using the GoDaddy DNS Forwarding feature - you are correct that GoDaddy does not provide / offer an SSL certificate with this service at this time. If you are in needs of having your domain which is forwarding have an SSL certificate on it, the only solution I am aware of at this time is to use CloudFlare DNS and their forwarding feature which will include an SSL Certificate

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Helper VI

Manually change the URLs comming from your site and add 'https://'.

If the site you link to are not secure, that's their problem and it should not affect your site.

~Jan Mykhail Hasselbring Web Administrator @ fullstackwebsolution.com