cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Understanding process for a new copy of an existing certificate

Hello,

I have a Pre-existing Standard UCC SSL that's been installed on a couple of production IIS webservers and is working perfectly.

I am setting up a new webserver using Nginx on Ubuntu.

What's the process to get a new copy of the same certificate without invalidating the pre-existing ones?

I understand that I have to generate a new Certificate Signing Request on the new Nginx server, but from there, what do I do with the key?

I don't want to invalidate the existing certificates that are already installed. Maybe that's a non-issue? I wasn't sure, so I figured I would ask here. Am I able to always just create new CSRs for an existing SSL certificate without any fears of invalidating those that pre-exist?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Employee

Hello @id74 and thank you for being a part of the Community!

I do apologize for the delayed response, I saw this post remained unanswered. Were you able to get this resolved and do you mind sharing how?

If you were not able to get this resolved, I want to help as best as I can. I am not an expert when working with SSL's and my knowledge is limited but I was able to locate a few help guides that might be able to further assist:

I hope you have a wonderful rest of your week and that these resources were helpful with installing your SSL.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Employee

Hello @id74 and thank you for being a part of the Community!

I do apologize for the delayed response, I saw this post remained unanswered. Were you able to get this resolved and do you mind sharing how?

If you were not able to get this resolved, I want to help as best as I can. I am not an expert when working with SSL's and my knowledge is limited but I was able to locate a few help guides that might be able to further assist:

I hope you have a wonderful rest of your week and that these resources were helpful with installing your SSL.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post