cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

UCC SSL Certificate

Hello everyone,

I have a UCC SSL certificate that is good for 10 domains.

But for some reason it only works when I add SAN description including the domain.com plus www.domain.com versions of my domains. So I have been using it like that ever since I purchased it. But now, I need to include another domains and have run out of slots in my plan. Can someone help me with there. Godaddy support agents tell me its a re-direct problem but have not given me an exact solution to the problem.

Thanks for your time to read my question.

Cheers

Thiago

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @wsantana11. Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you're in this position. While www is covered for the main common name of a UCC certificate, this is not true for SANs. If you need both the www and non-www variant of your SAN covered, you would need to add each domain separately. Unfortunately, it is also not possible to upgrade a UCC certificate to include more domains. In your situation, you will either need to purchase a new UCC with more slots and move your other domains to it or you'd need a separate certificate for the new domains you want to add. Sorry 🙁

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

So the first thing is, if you only had one domain you wanted secure you didn't need a UCC SSL detritus @wsantana11. In the case of securing one domain and all of the subdomains what you need is a Wildcard SSL certificate. Check out What is a Wildcard SSL certificate? for those curious.

Now that you are adding a second domain having a UCC SSL is great. Have a look at What is a Multiple Domain (UCC) SSL certificate? if you want to understand how they differ. GoDaddy also has a Compare SSL plans and pricing chart that might be useful?

You will notice the following on the GoDaddy Wildcard SSL product page under FAQs

Can I combine SAN and Wildcard SSL certificates?

No. You cannot use a wildcard domain in a UCC certificate In this case, you would need to evaluate your needs, as well as the number of subdomains you need to cover to determine which type of SSL certificate would work best for you

Have a look and see which SSL is right for your needs @wsantana11. Sometimes having multiple Wildcard SSLs is better and sometimes a UCC SSL works perfect. I that helps? Come back and let us know what you decided.

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Hey @rd Roy, good afternoon!

Thanks for taking your time to help me out.

But the problem is that I bought UCC SSL to secure 10 domains, but right now I can only secure 5 because for every domain I need to declare both versions www. and non-www as SAN. Do you see what my problem is?

Cheers,
Thiago

Hi @wsantana11. Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you're in this position. While www is covered for the main common name of a UCC certificate, this is not true for SANs. If you need both the www and non-www variant of your SAN covered, you would need to add each domain separately. Unfortunately, it is also not possible to upgrade a UCC certificate to include more domains. In your situation, you will either need to purchase a new UCC with more slots and move your other domains to it or you'd need a separate certificate for the new domains you want to add. Sorry 🙁

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post