cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

The installed certificate does not cover this domain.

I have successfully installed the SSL certificate for the primary domain, 

However, I now see an error for mail.myprivatecambodiataxi.com which caused the "dangerous" alert each time I try to access the mail.  

Is there a way to fix this error?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@jimmieAS 

Unless you purchased a wild card certificate generally speaking SSL certificates are only for the main domain and www. 

One solution is to do a Let's Encrypt Certificate for your mail domain - there are some websites which help generate this - you would have to renew the certificate ever 90 days

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User IV

@jimmieAS 

Unless you purchased a wild card certificate generally speaking SSL certificates are only for the main domain and www. 

One solution is to do a Let's Encrypt Certificate for your mail domain - there are some websites which help generate this - you would have to renew the certificate ever 90 days

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

View solution in original post

@PL281 Thanks so much for your response.  

Is it harmful to not have a certificate for the mail domain?  Does it cause any problems with the site to have it for the main domain & not the mail?

Thank you

@jimmieAS 

It's fine as this is moreso for webmail then for sending itself