cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

SSL (need CSR and Private hey connection)

Hi!
Please kindly someone help me! I have purchased SSL, but now I need it to "work." I thought my sign on my website "Not secure" would vanish but is still there, so after contacting the company I bought it from (I even didn't know GoDaddy have it available as well) I was told to get CSR and Private key

generation. I am really not a techie person, so I am begging here for help on how to get that. I spent on this matter just yesterday over 10 hours to get something accomplished and now...
Best regards,
Maya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@MayaKas 

Here are the instructions - the only thing I can't say is what to do in the 3rd party system...

Step 1) In cPanel I would generate a CSR - there will be a private key on that screen as well

Step 2) In a new browser go to the 3rd party provider where you've purchased the certificate and you should  be able to enter the CSR

Step 3) The third party should give you a download or a text file with the certificate

Step 4) in cPanel (in a new tab) you should be able to upload the certificate and copy the private key from the original tab 

Step 5) Make sure to then assign / activate the certificate in cPanel

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User IV

@MayaKas 

Are you on a cPanel server, a Plesk server or something else as depending on the server the process is different.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

I am on cPanel.
If you intend to help me you would make me really not just happy, but I
really do need rest. I spent again hours on several other "corners" of my
site and I am really dead tired. It's almost 8pm here...

Best regards,
Maya

@MayaKas 

Here are the instructions - the only thing I can't say is what to do in the 3rd party system...

Step 1) In cPanel I would generate a CSR - there will be a private key on that screen as well

Step 2) In a new browser go to the 3rd party provider where you've purchased the certificate and you should  be able to enter the CSR

Step 3) The third party should give you a download or a text file with the certificate

Step 4) in cPanel (in a new tab) you should be able to upload the certificate and copy the private key from the original tab 

Step 5) Make sure to then assign / activate the certificate in cPanel

View solution in original post