cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

SSL Not Working!

I have an SSL and the icon that I posted on my site shows that it is working.  BUT the icon in the address bar still shows Not Secure.  Now I know for sure that my site isn't being visited because it "ISN'T SECURE!"  What am I to do?  Is there another switch in the (not cpanel) setting that will allow my site to be listed as Secure, when the spiders start crawling?

Is there a way I can get the Google spider to recognize that this is a secure site? 

Can I upload you a picture of both Firefox and Edge showing it is not secure?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

After weeks of contacting Support and looking through the Community, an agent from the phone support gave the key element to what I was experiencing.

Here is what actually happened, for those that might be having the same problem:

My SSL Verified but the padlock still had a line through it stating it was not secure.  I looked at my Server Details and the SSL (at the bottom) showed "not purchased," but my products showed that I had made the purchase.  Basically it wasn't installed or the server couldn't see it.  Not having Linux Deluxe, I couldn't follow along with the Installation Videos.

Once I had called the tech support, I was instructed to use the Manage Certificate and there you have the option to Re-Key, Change site it protects and Change issuer.  He told me to select the Change site then select the Move Certificate.  Within 1/2 hour it was fixed!   Then it was a matter of the Redirect option.

How grateful can one be after combating this problem for over a month.  Now my customers can feel safe about attending my store.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User IV

@SmokiesFriend 

What is your domain name - it's possible you have a reference to a file loading over http:// hence the not secure message

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

After weeks of contacting Support and looking through the Community, an agent from the phone support gave the key element to what I was experiencing.

Here is what actually happened, for those that might be having the same problem:

My SSL Verified but the padlock still had a line through it stating it was not secure.  I looked at my Server Details and the SSL (at the bottom) showed "not purchased," but my products showed that I had made the purchase.  Basically it wasn't installed or the server couldn't see it.  Not having Linux Deluxe, I couldn't follow along with the Installation Videos.

Once I had called the tech support, I was instructed to use the Manage Certificate and there you have the option to Re-Key, Change site it protects and Change issuer.  He told me to select the Change site then select the Move Certificate.  Within 1/2 hour it was fixed!   Then it was a matter of the Redirect option.

How grateful can one be after combating this problem for over a month.  Now my customers can feel safe about attending my store.

View solution in original post

Thanks so much @SmokiesFriend for coming back and sharing your story and how it got resolved! I'm sure other GoDaddy Community members will appreciate reading it. Take care and please come back again and let us know how things are going for you. We're happy to have you part of the community. 

Rachel

RachelM - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.