cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

SSL Configuration/Install Difficulty

I have Deluxe Linux Hosting that hosts 10 domain names. I ordered a SSL Cert for 1 of these domains. I set up the SSL and it is active. I downloaded the cert files, and uploaded them under the webfoot for the specific domain name. I added a .htaccess file with the recommend HTML coding, and renamed the host/domain names. However, after this, when going to the website, it comes back with a SSL error, and will not direct to the website. I am not sure what I am doing wrong or if there is a better htaccess code or what else I may not get or doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@mdmartin3571 

This is the "Deluxe Linux Hosting" not the "Deluxe Hosting with cPanel"???

If that is the case - you need to speak with support about upgrading / migrating to the new server / platform. You are on an older server / platform - the newer cPanel is much easier to use.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User IV

@mdmartin3571 

The Certificate doesn't get uploaded to the file manager but rather with cPanel itself

https://www.godaddy.com/help/manually-install-an-ssl-certificate-on-my-cpanel-hosting-12027 gives a walk through in where to do this

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Yes I tried to follow this guide. However, don't seem to have anything in my hosting manager as "C Panel" or a Security Tab item. I do show an app for SSL Certificates and Website Security. However, whenever I click that it takes me out of hosting manager and back to my products page. Also, on the side menu I show a SSL Certificates, it says one is not purchased, and there is an add button which takes me to purchase one and no where to add it, and in my products I show the SSL Certificate for a specific domain that I purchased. However, when I go to manage it, I see that its active and good, but theres no where to add it to the hosting, to appear in the hosting manager? I may be missing something? I posted screen shots. Thanks so much for your help!Screen Shot 2020-09-02 at 8.18.32 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-02 at 8.18.40 AM.png

When I add my .htaccess folder and code the site returns this error.

Screen Shot 2020-09-02 at 9.27.14 AM.png

@mdmartin3571 

This is the "Deluxe Linux Hosting" not the "Deluxe Hosting with cPanel"???

If that is the case - you need to speak with support about upgrading / migrating to the new server / platform. You are on an older server / platform - the newer cPanel is much easier to use.

View solution in original post