cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
andy990
New

Please help! Intermittent access to website since purchasing SSL

I am posting on here because I am getting nowhere with tech support. Any help/assistance/advice would be massively appreciated!

I purchased an SSL cert thru Go Daddy for my website last Sunday. 

I had a few issues getting it to "stick" but it is now all properly installed and sslshopper says all is ok. 

I was told it may take 24-48 hours for the site to "propagate"

Now almost a week later I can only get intermittent access to the site, for example:-

16 Apr 6AM - tried to connect at home on my Mac: Safari can't establish a secure connection (similar message on other web browsers)

16 Apr 9AM - tried to connect at work via PC - no access

16 Apr 10AM - could connect via my phone

16 Apr 6PM - tried to connect at home via Mac - no access

16 Apr 11PM - could connect at home via Mac

17 Apr 6AM - tried to connect at home via Mac - no access

Above is a snippet of my attempts to log on, I would say 70% of the time I try to access the site (by access I mean view the home page in my browser) I can't.

However when I can get access all works fine and I can login to my Wordpress back end and make changes.

I have been patient and have expected as time passes the site would propagate and I would get access more frequently. 

Is this normal? I am mightily frustrated.

Many thanks in advance.

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@andy990 

You'll need to reach out to GoDaddy Support as the SSL Port is not open on your site / server - they will need to reset this from their side

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PL281
Super User IV

@andy990 

What is your domain name?

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

@PL281 My domain name is allthingswarrington.net

@andy990 

You'll need to reach out to GoDaddy Support as the SSL Port is not open on your site / server - they will need to reset this from their side

View solution in original post