cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New

Need more Support on SSL query with invalid information

Hi, 

I am using this platform to report how horrible and irresponsible Go Daddy support team is. 

1. I called on the 27th of Jan 2020 and spoke with a technical person, I requested information regarding a SSL Cert and he provided the information, I requested him to check with someone to be sure. He placed me on hold came back and mentioned he checked with a Sr resource and it is support. 

I buy the certificate today after a 2 weeks approval process in my company and guess what it is not supported any more. I called again and spoke to a different engineer and he mentioned Oh it is not supported. 

They didn't just waste my time but also created a trust issue with my management. I am so disappointed. we wanted to move our certs to Go Daddy but i am pretty sure it is never going to happen.  

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Need more Support on SSL query with invalid information

@AM83 

We are end users like you - so we can only listen to your vent / reporting.

Can you provide any additional details about what is / isn't supported with SSL Certificates that you were looking for.

The SSL certificates I've worked with are all for apache - so it was a CSR Request / Download / Install. I know there are code signing certificates and some others, so if you can provide any additional information that would be great for others reading this post.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Highlighted

Re: Need more Support on SSL query with invalid information

Go Daddy sold you  something that wouldn't work.   I feel for you. Go Daddy has techs that are focused on sales to the point that they are not truthful.  In my limited time with them I have gotten screwed over twice. It resulted in my site getting blocked from customers because they didn't put my new SLS certificate behind a firewall like they were supposed to.