Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

GoDaddy SSL redirect causes ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS error on Shopify Site

Frustrated doesn't even begin to explain how I'm feeling right now.  I have installed the GoDaddy Security Package with SSL and Firewall on several client's websites.  I contacted support for both GoDaddy and Shopify and neither was able to help me. 

I installed the Security package.  Once everything was set up and I had the site redirecting to the HTTPS://domain.com, I got this error - ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS on Chrome and similar errors on other browsers.  Shopify told me they had no idea why and it had to be a Godaddy thing.  Godaddy told me to give it 48 hours and it should work.  It's been 72 and it still doesn't.  

terriesult_0-1618022822238.pngterriesult_1-1618022835787.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I'm going to leave my original post just in case another person runs into this same issue.  However, I figured out where the error is coming from.  

At one point her site was set up through Weebly.  So once I added the SSL redirect it created a continuous loop.  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

I'm going to leave my original post just in case another person runs into this same issue.  However, I figured out where the error is coming from.  

At one point her site was set up through Weebly.  So once I added the SSL redirect it created a continuous loop.  

View solution in original post