cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Can't get the SSL certificate working with "Website + Marketing".

I purchased an SSL through GoDaddy. It has been validated this morning.  According to GoDaddy if you are using “Website+Marketing” your SSL certificate is automatically installed for you. We are using “Website+Marketing”.  Our site is mantiscanada.com and is currently being hosted by another party. Our new site we are building has the same domain name and is hosted through GoDaddy “Website+Marketing”. Once we are happy with the new site we will switch from the old host and activate the new one through GoDaddy.  However the SSL certificate is not showing up when we test the new site. It shows the "not secure" warning. The  certificate was validated this morning – so does it take time activate?  I poked around but couldn’t find any definitive info on that. Any suggestions will be most appreciated as I need to get the new website up and running.

Thanks

M  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@MFtools 

So you currently have a Let's Encrypt SSL certificate on your site - The Websites + Marketing have an SSL Certificate included - you do not need to purchase one - It sounds like you should contact GoDaddy and see about getting a refund for the SSL Certificate unless you are going to use it with the current host.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User IV

@MFtools 

So you currently have a Let's Encrypt SSL certificate on your site - The Websites + Marketing have an SSL Certificate included - you do not need to purchase one - It sounds like you should contact GoDaddy and see about getting a refund for the SSL Certificate unless you are going to use it with the current host.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Thanks - good to know.  I will contact GoDaddy to get this figured out.