cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about Windows Plesk Hosting

Hi everyone.  I am considering adding Windows Plesk shared hosting to my account.  I currently have Linux Cpanel Deluxe hosting that I am using for Wordpress, which I am very happy with.

When I first ordered hosting, I had purchased Windows Plesk knowing that I would like to put some ASP.NET sites up - but the performance with Wordpress was unbearable.  I switched from Windows to Linux (upon recommendations from support) and I have been very pleased.  Unfortunately, before switching, I did not get a chance to test ASP.NET under the Plesk plan that I had, nor did I have much of a chance to 'look around' before I switched to Linux.

One of the major questions I have concerning the Windows Plesk hosting is the resources available for different plan levels (Deluxe vs Ultimate).  I do not see this information spelled out at all for Windows.  I do see some very good specific information for Linux Cpanel hosting.

For example, under Linux they have a pretty detailed page showing what resources are available for each plan:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/resource-limits-12001

According to that page:

Deluxe Cpanel hosting receives:

1 CPU, 512 MB RAM, 100 concurrent connections, 1024 KB/s I/O

Ultimate Cpanel receives:

2 CPU, 1024 MB RAM, 125 concurrent connections, 1024 KB/s I/O

What I cannot find anywhere is what resources are available or allocated to the Windows Plesk Hosting plans, and if there is any difference between resources allocated to Deluxe or Ultimate plans.  I have seen a reference somewhere that both plans get 200 concurrent connections (correct me if I am wrong), but other than that I have not seen any specifics.

I have come across some posts on this forum that indicate that they were receiving 503 errors, and on several occasions were told that they might have used up their allocated resources.  My question is exactly what are the resource limits on Plesk Windows.

Also more generally, I am somewhat concerned about ASP.NET performance on the Windows Plesk shared hosting.  I am not quite sure what I am buying, how much memory will be available, and what kind of performance to expect (and if it will be generally consistent).

Any help or thoughts would be most appreciated.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

This is one of those debate questions @oldmike. I just usually say if the hosting works for you then use it. You can find GoDaddy resource data in the GoDaddy Help article How many visitors can view my site at once? and specifics under each hosting category. I hop that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

what is windows plesk

Hey @Mjberg4788, check out What is Parallels Plesk Panel? I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head