• GoDaddy Community
  • Marketing Your Business
  • Marketing Your Business

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

New to domain investing

Hey guys Ive just [edited] gotten into domain investing. Im looking to connect with others to learn and bounce ideas. I have purchased a bunch of domains and now want to learn about Cashparking them and if its worth it?

Thanks,

Cam

3 REPLIES 3
    Super User I
    Super User I

Re: New to domain investing

@wackojacko wrote:

Hey guys Ive just cracked my virginity in domain investing. Im looking to connect with others to learn and bounce ideas. I have purchased a bunch of domains and now want to learn about Cashparking them and if its worth it?

Thanks,

Cam

@wackojacko Hi Cam, I've been a full time domain investor since 2007 and have been active in the industry since 2005. It's not as easy as it seems and this forum probably isn't the right venue to learn. I would suggest resources such as dnjournal.com, namebio.com and namepros. As far as cashparking, its only worth it if your domains have traffic and also make money but I guess it wouldn't hurt to try.

---

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I
    Highlighted
    estieg
    Former Employee

You may want to also consider posting in the "Ideas" forum so others can chime in.  Justin is a great resource and has been in the market for a long time.  Posting in the ideas section may also provide additional insights and recommendations.

Best,

Eric

If I answered your question, please mark it as the solution or give it a "Kudo"
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

I'm what you might call an accidental domain investor. I never set out to get in the domain game but over the years of my web business I've acquired a domain portfolio. I don't usually do much cash parking so I don't have much to offer there.

On rare occasions where someone convinces (read cons) me into speaking a question that often comes up is "What's the most you've ever sold a domain for?" The answer generates another question "How can I sell domains?" I say that today there are many jobs that seem easy and like it's no work involved. The reality is for the payoff there is both a lot of work involved and occasionally no work at all. The key thing about domain investing is the investing part. I've held on domains for five years and I've won a domain in an auction and got a nice offer before I could even take control of it. 

I find that a good survival technique is to carry a flashlight. Often it is best to let people know where they can find you rather than to wait for them to stumble across you on their own. 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head