cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Helper I

Question: Why is Auto Purge (spam settings) not working?

Such as those annoying IT related SPAM email messages, hundreds per day.    All coming from @itprofessionalresource.com  and @technologybuyersguide.com  @techbuyersupdate.com @technologybuyersguide.com  etc etc

We are "Add New Auto Purge List Entry"...  we know they're getting added aok to this list because we can see them all listed when we look at "Settings | Spam Settings | Auto Purge List" 

But all of these email messages still land in out inboxes.

Question:  Why is Auto Purge (spam settings) not working? 

17 REPLIES 17
Helper I

Re: Question: Why is Auto Purge (spam settings) not working?

Some list items start with a @ and most of the recent one we've added do NOT HAVE THE @  ??

Could auto PURGE be failing due to the missing leading @  ?? 

'

Hey @JohnReam

This sounds related to a few reports our email teams have received about auto purge filters not working with a specified domain. They're working with engineers and developers to locate and resolve the issue as soon as possible. 

In the meantime, they have confirmed that Specified email addresses should still auto purge without any issues. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
Helper I

Tell'em about the missing  @ 's  ..... 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @JohnReam,

The only public DNSBL system you can currently report spam to is SpamCop.

You can also report your spam (by forwarding it complete with full headers) to the U.S. government's spam-evidence database run by the FTC at: spam@uce.gov

If nobody 'has the time' to report the spam, nothing good will be done!

Helper I

That's fine and good, but off topic.    Sorry.    This thread's topic is totally unrelated to spamcop and the US government.

In this thread we're talking about a bug in GoDaddy WorkSpace's which is no longer correctly handling user specified "Auto Purge" entries.  @ vs no @.     This worked fine up until a few weeks ago.  

New

Hundreds of senders I've marked as SPAM are showing up in my Inbox with [SPAM] listed in front of them. It is at the point where I have to pay someone to go into my inbox and delete all of them so I can see my "real" - business-related communications. Seriously, I have so many I can't delete all of them in an hour a day, which costs me time I could be spending earning money.

There must be a way to have them blocked or go into Junk or Trash. What am I missing?

Repeated calls to GoDaddy concerning Autopurge have ended with statements we are working on problem. I just received my 72 hour guaranteed response 5 days late stating they hope I'm happy with the results and offering a 20% discount on next order.

Autopurge still doesn't work and now the allowed list and block list are no longer sorted making it impractical to manage. This is not up to Godaddy standards. We are being forced to move our email accounts elsewhere. 

It it is doubtful Godaddy plans to fix issue. 

Helper I

Hi KingAir -

Thanks for adding your voice of concern to this GoDaddy support fix request for the broken Auto Purge issue.   More voices the better.    WE NEED TO KEEP BOTHERING GODADDY ON THIS ISSUE.   PLEASE FIX AUTO PURGE.

You wrote in your 1st sentence that GD said "we are working on problem.", and in your last sentence wrote "doubtful GoDaddy plans to fix issue.".  That's two quite different summations.   Did a live human-being on the phone tell you that they are working on this? 

This a pretty serious issue and I'm kind of surprised that GoDaddy isn't on it with more attention.  

WE NEED TO KEEP BOTHERING GODADDY ON THIS ISSUE.   PLEASE FIX AUTO PURGE.

I am having the same problem. I have set up Auto Purge for hinet.net, but emails from that domain still go to my In Box.

So then I created a filter: If From contains hinet.net then move to Bulk Mail

It works when I click on the "Apply Now" button... but it doesn't stop hinet.net emails from landing in my In Box.

Why doesn't the filter work unless I apply it manually... which isn't really very useful.

When Autopurge quit working, I contacted GD and opened a case. After, multiple calls to GD with no statements other than they knew about issue, I got a automated response they would continue to work on problem and hoped I was happy with their service. Subseqent, calls were a runaround, ending with being told my case had been closed. It does not appear tech support is trying to fix issue and I am beginning to believe that Autopurge was turned off on purpose. Could it be a attempt to push us to using Office 365?

I don't know how to get GD's attention and am looking where to move my emails and domain  hosting. Any recommendations would be appreciated. 

Follow up. Tech support said they know about problem and no timeline to fix. They further stated we are using their older platform and we can fix issue by moving our 20 emails to Office 365 for a onetime conversion fee of $1,000 plus about $500 a year more. 

Probably dont need to mention how disappointed I am in GD. Feel like GD is committing armed robbery. 

Follow Up

Am moving email hosting to Rackspace. Better spam filtering. Better tech support. So long GD. No conversion charge. More features. 

New

This is still an issue. Looking for a new email server/website provider.

Two years later and neither Autopurge nor automatic application of filters is working.  Looks like it will never be fixed.

My spam filter was working great until about 3 weeks ago, now seems to not be.  Has anyone seen any resolution on this?

We use Office365 and are having the same issue.

Solution

Hi Guys ... 

Was reading the posts from 2017 and 2018.  The initial post

referenced different variations on the same domain name.

One has to Auto Purge each new variation and eventually they

will stop trying to get in.

I auto purge 3 almost every day ... and I have pages of purged emails

and domains. I also have Webmail and will never go to 360.

On the upper right side under MORE ACTIONS ... drop down and go to the

bottom ... not before ... and click Auto Purge.  It then shows who is actually

sending the email.  Like the scammers for Costco and Amazon.  Then click APPLY.

They will stop after many failed attempts.  They change one letter and try sending it

again.  Once they know you have caught on to their game ... they stop.

Since technology has changed so fast ... we all need Domain Privacy. The techs told me

the spammers are now getting through because I have the door open. I will be adding

Privacy next month to my domain name.  It's like $15/yr or so. DUH?   It has to match the

length of your Domain Name bought out in years. 

Auto purge does work ... but one has to use the More Actions button and the steps to

do it.  I am a Realtor and get lots of crap.  3 a day I can handle. Good Luck.