cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Internet Explorer will NOT allow me to Attach a File

Does anybody know what happened here and how I can fix it? I'm desperate!

Yesterday, my Internet Explorer 11.0 stopped letting me attach files. It will work in Updated View (which I hate and it doesn't even keep my signature block) but it will not allow me to attach a file in Classic View. I am getting old and don't won't to change from Internet Explorer, especially since I have the Favorites Bar set to all the sites I use hundreds of times a day. I know everybody wants me to get with the times, but I don't have time for this crap! Please HELP!

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Internet Explorer will NOT allow me to Attach a File

I have the same problem last few days. Adding attachments used to work, now the pop up window does not pop up. In IE, when trying to add attachment there is a slight screen flicker, I think pop up starts to load, then stops. Website already is listed in the "allow pop-ups" IE control.

Workaround so far, if I open webmail, then compose email in MS Edge, I can an attachment. Then save as draft. Later opened the draft email in IE, open the draft for editing and the attachment is still there.

Possible that most recent Windows 10 updates from Microsoft changed something that does not allow the "add attachment" pop-up to work. Solving this would probably be up to GoDaddy to figure out why MS update to Windows 10 and/or IE is not playing nicely with GoDaddy code.

Using Windows 10 and GoDaddy webmail on a suitable system with lots of ram etc.

I have this same problem.  It has to be in Workspace Webmail.  I have tried this on multiple operating systems and it will not attach any file. This includes XP, Windows 7 and Windows 10.  After contacting Go Daddy they brushed me off stating it must be on my end. Not sure of the fix at this point.

Still using Windows 7. Have one computer that is still able to do attachments and the other is not. I too was brushed off by GoDaddy and am very disappointed. All they want is for us to go to using another browser which we really don't have time right now to deal with. It's hard getting old and everybody pushing your wants aside for the teenagers and young adults. Guess us old folks that are still trying to make a living don't matter anymore.

I too was brushed off by GoDaddy and am very disappointed. All they want is for us to go to using another browser which we really don't have time right now to deal with. AND THEN, they started quoting how things have changed in our lifetime. Well, there is still D for Drive, R for Reverse and N for Neutral on cars! But then, these kids are not driving, they Uber or Lyft if they want to go somewhere and have GrubHub deliver their food and so forth and so forth. If only we had been that lucky. It's hard getting old and everybody pushing your wants aside for the teenagers and young adults. Guess us old folks that are still trying to make a living don't matter anymore.

I am having the same problem

Solution

I have solved the problem with attaching files on all of my computers.  It seems that a single email corrupted the web site data.  By deleting the history in internet options for internet explorer it should resolved the problem.