cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Free Email Forwarding & Shopify

Please help! And, please forgive my lack of tech-savvy-ness!

I purchased a domain through GoDaddy which we previously used for our Wordpress.com site. Then, we switched to Shopify recently to be able to have an ecommerce platform.

I use the free "Email Forwarding - 100 pack" from GoDaddy to forward emails recieved at "info@twodrunkwitches.com" to our hotmail/personal email. This feature worked very reliably when we were set up through Wordpress, but it seems since switching to Shopify, it has stopped working altogether.

I'm not certain if it's having switched to Shopify that's the problem, but I'm extremely frustrated, as we have 1,000 business cards just printed with the "info@twodrunkwitches.com" email address printed on them, and now messages to this address aren't being delivered/forwarded whatsoever!

Is anyone able to confirm if I'm missing something? Screenshot here:

Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 10.27.07 AM.png

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Free Email Forwarding & Shopify

Hi @2DW_Megan. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! 

It looks like twodrunkwitches.com doesn't have any MX Records. That is definitely part of the problem, if not the root cause. You'll want to use the instructions here to create to MX Records with the following information:

Host: @

Points to:

• smtp.secureserver.net
  • mailstore1.secureserver.net

Priority: 0 and 10 respectively

TTL: You can leave this with its default value

Once you add these records, the mail should start to work within a few hours. Hope that helps. If not, feel free to provide more information. Others in the community may be able to provide you with additional suggestions. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Re: Free Email Forwarding & Shopify

You are a lifesaver, @JesseW - this worked immediately once I entered the info you provided.

Thanks so much!

Megan