cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Email removed from under me

So after just ordering a $100 gift card for my brother, I went to open my email and....lo and behold!  My account is suspended.  I called the support number and it turns out that with no warning, they decided that they stopped offering the "free" pop email with my domain.  If I want to continue to use that email I have to pay $60 per year.   $60 PER YEAR for something I can get for FREE from yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc.  What that hell?  Now what do I do?  It's my only personal email that I use for all my family, my facebook all my social media.  I feel like this is just a huge money grab.  "hey, we're going to suddenly take away your email unless you pay us more"

What should I do?  I guess I could delete the account and just use the email forwarding option so that I can still have a domain email...but now my emails won't come from me@mydomain.com anymore which is annoying.  Any suggestions?  Why would I pay $60 per year for something I can get for free?  Why is this no longer included in my domain purchase?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II

@Familyman1977

I do know that GD has been sending out notices about the discontinuation of Workspace free email for a while now.  Is it possible you missed those emails, or they went to spam/junk/trash?

Every company has the right to determine what services they want to offer and what to charge for them, right?   I am of the belief that with free you get what you pay for.   I don't expect any business to offer me free services just because there are others out there that are free too.

I wouldn't use yahoo, hotmail (these two in particular are used by spammers and tougher to get through spam filtering) or gmail.  Not happy with the big G's privacy stances and what they do with your data -- for free.   I prefer the control of having my own domain email and the features and functionality that goes with that.

I know this is frustrating, but nothing is free forever.  Nor should it be.  But if you want free, choose the service that works best for you and then do a simple mailing out to your family members that you have a new address.  Folks do this all the time when addresses change for various reasons.  

Changing on social media is no big deal either, just login and make the change -- just be sure to look for the confirmation email you have to acknowledge for the change to go into effect.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"Actually, you can." ~ Anon

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User IV

@Familyman1977 

This is something that has been discussed a few times in the community - The notices to the best of my knowledge went to the account owner's email address vs the email box on the WorkSpace email.

Google / Yahoo does allow for some "send as" but this is not the same as it being the actual mailbox.  Zoho Mail does offer a free option - Web based only - no IMAP/POP 

I am an end user as well - and while I really don't use the WorkSpace Email, GoDaddy was one of the few if only that offered a standalone (separate from hosting) email offering for free. Most services (Google Suite / Office 365) start around $5/month/email - there are some that are $1-$2 - the features they include vary.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Super User II

@Familyman1977

I do know that GD has been sending out notices about the discontinuation of Workspace free email for a while now.  Is it possible you missed those emails, or they went to spam/junk/trash?

Every company has the right to determine what services they want to offer and what to charge for them, right?   I am of the belief that with free you get what you pay for.   I don't expect any business to offer me free services just because there are others out there that are free too.

I wouldn't use yahoo, hotmail (these two in particular are used by spammers and tougher to get through spam filtering) or gmail.  Not happy with the big G's privacy stances and what they do with your data -- for free.   I prefer the control of having my own domain email and the features and functionality that goes with that.

I know this is frustrating, but nothing is free forever.  Nor should it be.  But if you want free, choose the service that works best for you and then do a simple mailing out to your family members that you have a new address.  Folks do this all the time when addresses change for various reasons.  

Changing on social media is no big deal either, just login and make the change -- just be sure to look for the confirmation email you have to acknowledge for the change to go into effect.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"Actually, you can." ~ Anon

View solution in original post

Thanks.  It just really sucks because I just renewed my domain for another 2 years.  The only reason I even have a domain is because I wanted my family to be able to have email addresses name@ourfamilydomain.com  and now it looks like I'll have to pay more in order to have that.

New

I am experiencing a similar issue. All of my email history before October have been deleted. I was told GoDaddy no longer supports the free email with the domain. I do not know how to contact them about this as I am abroad in a country not listed in their support. There is no email to get the ball rolling. The Chat session did not help. Does anyone know how I can retrieve these missing emails?

I have many years of emails that have just disappeared from my desktop.