cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Email Forwarding MX Records?

I registered a domain and enabled Email Forwarding as described in GoDaddy instructions, however, email is never delivered, and after a few days, it bounces and stops attempting to be sent.

I looked at my domain DNS records, and there are no MX records by default.  I added 2:

MX @ mailstore1.secureserver.net (Priority: 10)

MX @ smtp.secureserver.net (Priority: 20)

I still do not receive email, and got a bounce back suggesting the recipient wasn't found.

Are these the correct MX servers to use for GoDaddy Workspace Email Forwarding credits that come along free with your domain?  (Yes, I enabled it for the domain in question, setup the forwarder account in the Workspace panel, etc.)

8 REPLIES 8
Solution

Re: Email Forwarding MX Records?

Hi @BW75,

Welcome to the Community!

The correct MX records when using our workspace email (mailboxes or forwarding) are as follows: 

MX        @        mailstore1.secureserver.net (Priority: 10)        1 Hour

MX        @        smtp.secureserver.net (Priority: 0)                1 Hour

You should also create the following CNames:

POP

pop.secureserver.net

IMAP

imap.secureserver.net

SMTP

smtpout.secureserver.net

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

Hi - 

I am having the same problem of not getting the emails I have forwarded.  I've tried your solution and it did not work for me.  I set up the forwarding in the first place per these instructions... https://www.godaddy.com/help/set-up-my-forwarding-email-address-7598.  I also tried changing the email routing in CPanel to Local Mail Exchanger per another suggestion I found.  None of these solutions have helped. It has been 48 hours since I updated the MX records.  I found somewhere else that it could take this long.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Hi

I try this solution and was succesfully for a short time.

In this moment I have same configuration but it does not work. 

the problem is : 550 relaying denied for xxx@ddd.com

Following this let me successfully setup the free email forwarding functionality. Thanks.

Is there a way to enable TLS encryption?

i want godaddy to manage my DNS 

@flechasfabian wrote:

Hi

I try this solution and was succesfully for a short time.

In this moment I have same configuration but it does not work. 

the problem is : 550 relaying denied for xxx@ddd.com

hi There!  I have tried this as well to no avail.  Settings are as follows:

MX@smtp.secureserver.net (Priority: 0)1 Hour 
MX@mailstore1.secureserver.net (Priority: 10)1 Hour 
CNAMEpoppop.secureserver.net1 Hour 
CNAMEimapimap.secureserver.net1 Hour 
CNAMEsmtpsmtpout.secureserver.net1 Hour

I originally used Gsuite, so some of those settings were still set to them.  I cancelled that account.  (6/month for an email was outrageous). I've tried waiting a few hours as well.  The emails no longer bounce since I made those changes, I just never receive them to the "forwarded to" address.  Any help would be appreciated!

Todd

Hi @tdubrey,

Please keep in mind that changes to DNS can take 24-48 hours to propagate globally. In addition, you'll need to be sure that all of the Gsuite DNS records (especially in the MX records) are removed from the domain, so the email will be directed - and received - at a single server.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support