cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

Disable incoming SPF/DKIM/DMARC tests or whitelist incoming IP/DNS

How can I disable GoDaddy incoming SPF/DKIM/DMARC or add my 3rd party external SPAM/AV/AS solution IP/DNS addresses?

I currently use a thord party solution for AV/AS/SPAM/APT and all email coming to my domain comes from them (they are the first hop MTA  - MX record) and then they forward clean mail on to GoDaddy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
New
Solution

Re: Disable incoming SPF/DKIM/DMARC tests or whitelist incoming IP/DNS

I have been informed by support that this is not doable on the current email platform.

Recommended work arounds - go with Office 365 email from Godaddy, or a dedicated server package were you can manage your own email solution.

Anybody with a free email package is stuck with whatever SPAM/AV/AS/APT protection GoDaddy provides.

I went the O365 route as having some sort of Advanced Threat Protection and email attachment/url dynamic dynamic analysis was important to me. Have had several malicious email attachments come directly into my inbox this month alone.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
New
Solution

I have been informed by support that this is not doable on the current email platform.

Recommended work arounds - go with Office 365 email from Godaddy, or a dedicated server package were you can manage your own email solution.

Anybody with a free email package is stuck with whatever SPAM/AV/AS/APT protection GoDaddy provides.

I went the O365 route as having some sort of Advanced Threat Protection and email attachment/url dynamic dynamic analysis was important to me. Have had several malicious email attachments come directly into my inbox this month alone.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Enable DKIM and SPF in our domain

Hi,

We need to enable our DKIM and SPF for our email spam issues and we coordinated this to our email server which is CPanel but they advise us to coordinate in GoDaddy because they are handling our domain.

Do you have any ideas regarding with this concern?

Thank you.

Highlighted

I hope this is not true but it appears hosted exchange seems even worse than just blocking mail from IPs on bad reputation lists (which is ok to an extent) - it seems to block on simply unknown mx IPs too!  This turns the 'Net into a true walled garden with only a handful of large email providers having control.  I thought after Snowden there were many public positions to encourage the deployment of the plethora of responsibly run SMTP servers like earlier, in order to address some of the snowden revelations. TLSA helps but it is still only a small handful of court orders.