cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Changing Mail Exchange (MX) records for Google Suite email

Hello there, 

First of all, I don't have too much experience with web/domain hosting, so I'm sorry if I don't explain myself well. 

My problem is that I have my G-Suite with the certain domain and I'm not receiving emails. I spoke with G-Suite support and they asked me to follow these steps: https://support.google.com/a/answer/33353?hl=en because what I need to do is to change my MX records. 

Ok, all good there, I started to do the steps but by the time I went to Step 3: Delete existing MX records I couldn't do anything because of this: 

sample.png

There is no records list or an option to add new ones. It says that the nameservers aren't managed by GoDaddy. What does that mean? Can I change that? Smiley Frustrated 

Again, sorry about my little experience with this, I hope that someone can help me Smiley Happy 

BIG THANKS!

3 REPLIES 3
Super User I
Super User I

Re: Changing Mail Exchange (MX) records for Google Suite email

Means that someone else is managing your DNS records.

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***
New

Hello  @davisdre317 , 

Thank you very much for your reply.

@davisdre317 wrote:
Means that someone else is managing your DNS records.

So, if someone else is managing my DNS records, what can I do in order to fix this email problem? 

Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Hello @Berjh ,

You will want to take with that provider then. If you give me the domain name, I can see who is managing it for you, so you know where to go to ask for help.

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***