cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Can't Send or receive email from CPanel created domain email addresses

New to GoDaddy here. I just set up a new domain and opted for the 1 free Office365 email address, which is up and running correctly.

However, now I want to add some other email address using CPANEL. I've created one new email address using CPANEL, but can't send to it nor configure it to Outlook 2016.

I've read some of the similar messages and I think I'm missing something in the DNS record settings. Including screenshots of them here which I hope helps.

My email routing in CPANEL is still at the default setting of "Remote Mail Exchanger" and I'm figuring it's set there because of my initial use of the Office365 email address when first setting up my godaddy host.

One question, can I have both Office365 email addresses and CPANEL created email addresses simultaneously? And what do I need to change or add to allow me to use the newly created CPANEL email address or addresses?

DNSSnip3.png

DNSSnip2.png

DNSSnip1.png

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Can't Send or receive email from CPanel created domain email addresses

I forgot to include the domain name

danettetax.com

Solution

Hi @Tattooz,

Welcome to the Community!

Your current MX records (email records) are set to function with the Office 365 email. You can only use one type of email service/server for any one domain. As the cPanel email server will require its own, different MX records to function, the email there for the same domain won't work in the hosting plan.

If you change the MX records on the domain to allow for the function of the cPanel email, then the Office365 email will cease to work - your domain MX record will not longer direct to that O365 server.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

Thank you TLH.  I had to eventually call support to figure this out.  However I understand that at some point in the future, let's say when the free 1yr Office365 email account expired then I could switch over to the CPANEL email.  Tech support said the same as you, that there would be some required changes to the MX record that would need to be made. 

So, for the sake of this discussion.  I would need to add an MX record that points to the CPANEL server.  Do you what the name of that MX record would be?  Or could you refer me to a prior discussion link that would cover such a topic?

Todd