cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Getting Started

Can I keep my transfer my email address to different provider?

I just got email about workspace no longer being free so trying to figure out if I can transfer the existing custom email address I got with my domain name to another provider. My site is already hosted with another company and currently have workspace linked to that.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@nitelyte 

Your email address is whatever you want it to be on which ever provider you setup. There isn't anything locking that email to only work on GoDaddy.

There is nothing to transfer - you just setup the new account with the new provider and update the MX records to deliver main to the new provider.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User IV

@nitelyte 

I'm not sure I follow your question - Yes you can have your email & website at which ever providers you like and keep your domain registration at GoDaddy. It would just be a mater of updating the MX records

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

My domain name came with free email and my website is hosted with a different provider.

When godaddy ends the free email I want to keep the same email address (currently I linked the Mx records but I still use workspace to read my emails).

My website host offers free email but I presumed you cant just use the same email address without transferring or setting something else up first,the email address itself is what I need since I can backup the actual msgs / contacts.

@nitelyte 

Your email address is whatever you want it to be on which ever provider you setup. There isn't anything locking that email to only work on GoDaddy.

There is nothing to transfer - you just setup the new account with the new provider and update the MX records to deliver main to the new provider.

View solution in original post

Okay think I understand,I was confused where a sent email would go if I had 2 setup with same address but the MX record dictates the one to be used. Thanks for helping.