cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

website not opening

Hi, my website is not opening on many browsers, it always says "This site can't be reached, www.shootoutnow.com take too long to respond. the problem is that the site is opening in some phones and computers.

I recently bought this domain, please help me if you know the solution.

Error on my site.JPG

7 REPLIES 7
Super User III
Super User III

Re: website not opening

@Tsquare07 

You have 5 A records in your DNS - it looks like 4 of them may have been for a Google site - I'm not sure the 5th one - that it probably why you are having issues though that the 5th one (or the google ones) aren't supposed to be in there

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Re: website not opening/?isc=gdcommment

Thanks, for your reply so do you mean i have to remove an A record to make
my site work properly?
The first for A records are Google IP addresses for blogger server, the
last one is default, i found it immediately i purchased the domain.
Super User III
Super User III

@Tsquare07 

So if you want the blogger server to open when you type in the domain.

The 160 IP address is for a GoDaddy server - so if you aren't using the GoDaddy server you need to remove that site - what is happening is every time someone types in your domain it is randomly picking one of the addresses

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Domain DNS.jpg

Which among those did i have to remove?

Super User III Super User III
Super User III
Solution

That looks good, and I am seeing the same with external testing.  If these were recent changes it can take a little time for the DNS to propagate.  So hopefully it should be working fine for you now, let us know if you're still seeing the issue.

I'm still seeing the issue, I tried it on many browsers on my pc and phone but only Opera opened it on my bothers phone, the whole issue is so confusing to me, please help.

Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@Tsquare07 

I just checked https://dnschecker.org/#A/shootoutnow.com and this has the correct IP across the world.

Both with and without the www is working fine. I suggest restarting your computer / devices as it is working correctly for the "outside" world based on what I can see