cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

available domain all of the sudden not available

Hi, so i am kinda sad / pissed, i searched for a domain and it popped up available... It required a tax Id and personal ID number, so of course with the domain in my cart, i went to collect said information.. by the time i returned and went to check out all of the sudden it was not available anymore. What happened GODADDY? did you block it because it was cheap and now someone is interested?  HAs this happened to anyone else? 😞 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@ange2 wrote:

This literally just happened to me within 1 hour of my search. I couldn't purchase from where I was and had to wait to get home to buy. So upset. Now there is an option to purchase from seller. 

I also put in some other bogus names that were close to the one I was interested in and they're gone as well.

The one I was interested in was pretty obscure. I can't help to think that someone from GoDaddy bought them. UGH!!!!!

@ange2 did you check the registration dates via the whois? https://www.godaddy.com/whois/ If they were registered years ago or before you searched them then they weren't registered in bad faith. 

---

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Helper I

I've been buying domains on GoDaddy for over 5 years and never ran into that situation.  And I do a lot of times go check on a domain name, put it in my cart, rethink about it and abandon the cart, then come back later after re-rethinking it... and it's always still available.  Did you check WhoIs to see if it really was registered by someone?

Ray

Not a GoDaddy employee or support staff; I am a GoDaddy Pro with significant experience using a variety of GoDaddy services.
Rockstar II

@LP2020 wrote:

Hi, so i am kinda sad / pissed, i searched for a domain and it popped up available... It required a tax Id and personal ID number, so of course with the domain in my cart, i went to collect said information.. by the time i returned and went to check out all of the sudden it was not available anymore. What happened GODADDY? did you block it because it was cheap and now someone is interested?  HAs this happened to anyone else? 😞 

@LP2020 Hi LP, if I had to guess I would say it was either a registry glitch or something similar. Extensions other than .com, .org and .net can sometimes show as available depending on what is being send to Godaddy by the central registry of that extension. There is one way you can find out, did you go to the whois database and pull up the information for the domain? If the registration date shows a date before you searched for it then its impossible that someone took it out from under you. 

---

New

This literally just happened to me within 1 hour of my search. I couldn't purchase from where I was and had to wait to get home to buy. So upset. Now there is an option to purchase from seller. 

I also put in some other bogus names that were close to the one I was interested in and they're gone as well.

The one I was interested in was pretty obscure. I can't help to think that someone from GoDaddy bought them. UGH!!!!!

@ange2 wrote:

@ange2 did you check the registration dates via the whois? https://www.godaddy.com/whois/ If they were registered years ago or before you searched them then they weren't registered in bad faith. 

---

View solution in original post