Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
LauraScott
Novice

Wanting to change domain name!

Hi, 

I am desperately trying to change the domain name for my business, I know I have until December before my renewal but was hoping to do it now. I hae tried all help instructions and have looked through most forums looking for help, I  have tried everything I have seen and it just reverts back to the original name!

Can someone please help me???

Thanks in Advance!!

9 REPLIES
Pro Community Founder Artisan Pro Community Founder Artisan
Pro Community Founder Artisan
Solution

Re: Wanting to change domain name!

@LauraScott

To make sure I understand what you want to do, you have a new domain and you want that to be used on your website?

What hosting platform are you on?  That would make a difference on how to proceed. 

Change website domain

Linux Hosting Change your account's domain

Website Builder 7 Change my domain name

Web and Classic Hosting Change your account's domain

Online Store Change Your Domain Name

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
"Change before you have to." ~ Jack Welch

LauraScott
Novice

No, Maybe I worded it wrong, I bought a domain name on here to forward to my independent Consultant website for a Direct Selling business I have, I want to be able to change that domain name to something else, for instance right now I have www.laurastotes.com going to my shopping site, I want it to be www.shopmy31bags.com

To be honest I don't know the platform, Im all new to this stuff, sorry. How do I find that?

Pro Community Founder Artisan Pro Community Founder Artisan
Pro Community Founder Artisan

@LauraScott

Okay -- that's a different gig all together! Smiley Wink

First it looks like you have to register shopmy31bags.com -- right now it is still available for purchase.  And your current domain is 404ing -- so is the site new and not setup yet?

If you just want to forward, you would unforward the former and forward the latter to your shopping sites URL provided by the business who is offering that site for you.

The platform is the software/hosting for your site -- in this case the company offering you the website. That means mapping a domain to your store really depends on them telling you what options you have.

Looking at your registration your current domain is on GoDaddy servers so that tells me you are just forwarding (link above).

Does Thirty One offer you the ability to have your own custom domain?  If so they should provide you step-by-step instructions.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
"Change before you have to." ~ Jack Welch

LauraScott
Novice

Thank you so much for your help, I figured it out! Your links were very helpful!

Laura, please explain what you did! I'm trying to change mine and didn't understand what to do!!!

immks
Novice

Can you help me pls. I want same thing as you want.

Thawseef
Novice

Re: Waiting for Transaction ID and Security Code

I haven't received a the transaction id to my mail yet

StephanieL
Novice

Laura- how did you do this? I would like to change my domain name as well. Thanks!

sueneitzel
Novice

Hello! To anyone who can help me, I'm needing to change the name of my domain too and is looking for any advice??  Thanks!!