cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

This site can't be reached error (NAME_NOT_RESOLVED) after adding a subdomain

I've added a subdomain trans.smartpercept.com to my domain smartpercept.com using proper steps:

Go to Sub Domain > create root domain as trans.smartpercept.com >set document root as public_html/trans

Later I tried to install wordpress on http://trans.smartpercept.com and the installation was successful. However, while accessing the site or wp-admin, the response was:

----------------------------

This site can’t be reached

trans.smartpercept.com’s server IP address could not be found.

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED
 -------------------------------------------
I tried the same with joomla and drupal but no luck either. Did I miss anything?
Syed Riyaz Uddin
Developer
TechFirst Services
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Manager

Hi @sdriyaz712. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! My guess would be that you added the records within GoDaddy. However, since you're using Cloudflare nameservers, you'll need to make the changes there instead. From this test, it seems the record you set up is not resolving. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager

Hi @sdriyaz712. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! My guess would be that you added the records within GoDaddy. However, since you're using Cloudflare nameservers, you'll need to make the changes there instead. From this test, it seems the record you set up is not resolving. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post