Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
jessie333
Skilled

I can't edit my A record to point to new IP address

I can't edit my A record to point to new IP address, no edit (pencil icon) there. My domain registered from Godaddy. and I want point domain to siteground web hosting. Please help me how to solve it. Thanks very much!godaddy A record.png

9 REPLIES 9
Pro Community Founder Artisan Pro Community Founder Artisan
Pro Community Founder Artisan

Re: I can't edit my A record to point to new IP address

If you've already selected a premade template that would need to be removed, then you could change the template or manually set the records.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/forward-a-domain-12123

https://www.godaddy.com/help/manage-a-forwarded-domain-19936

jessie333
Skilled

Thanks for your reply. I think I didn't select remade template. Before I only use office 365 hosting the mail. Can I change NameServers to point? Or you have another advise? Thanks!

Your screenshot is still awaiting moderation so I can not see it yet, so it's kind of a guessing game.  Forwarding or selecting an automatic option use templates.

You can use the nameservers instead if you wish.  These select which zone file to use, so if changed you would need to put in the settings required for email at the other provider.

jessie333
Skilled

I think the screenshot can be seen right now. 

If I choose to edit A record,  I don't need to set records for email again, do I? If so, I would like to do it. But when I click into DNS Templates, on Manage Templates page, no any edit or delete icon there.

Thanks again!

Screenshot is still not showing.

It sounds like you were in the section to create your own templates, check the premade templates...

On the Domains Settings page, next to your domain, click Use My Domain.

If you've selected one of these it would need to be removed before you can edit the A record.

jessie333
Skilled

I followed your instruction, but I didn't see "Use My Domain" button Smiley Sadgodaddy my domain.png

Hi @jessie333

Thanks for posting in our forums. I reached out to our Advanced Technical Team and based on your screenshot that appears to be a glitch, you should be able to edit your A record with no issues. You will want to reach out to our support team so that we can fix your domain's DNS settings. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
jessie333
Skilled
Solution

Thanks very much for your help. I reached support team yesterday and they solved my issue very quickly. Smiley Happy Five star give your support team and Nate's reply!

Thanks again!

@jessie333Glad to hear you've been able to sort this out.  Sorry I couldn't be of more help without seeing the screenshots.