cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Error when inputing nameservers for my Domain

Hi guys,

I recently bought a domain on GoDaddy and am Trying to link it with my name servers I own. Now the name servers work on domains I bought from Domain.com and XYZ but not the one I bought on GoDaddy. When i try input the name servers I just get an error please assist.

Screenshot of error- https://gyazo.com/e039ac37679c9c44277e1ee8a5ec557c

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Manager

Hi @jrbettridge. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! The reason you're seeing that error is because the nameservers you're trying to use are not registered. You will want to connect with your hosting provider and double check which nameservers they want you to use. You can look up the domains on the Verisign WHOIS tool to verify this yourself. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager

Hi @jrbettridge. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! The reason you're seeing that error is because the nameservers you're trying to use are not registered. You will want to connect with your hosting provider and double check which nameservers they want you to use. You can look up the domains on the Verisign WHOIS tool to verify this yourself. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post