Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Rob_Hall
New

Domain offline -- No support

Does Godaddy actually have support?
All 'chat' links are deactivated and I am unable to contact support by phone because I live in TH and my provider does not allow international calls.
My domain 'hall-net.eu' has been offline for nearly a month now. After a serious motorcycle accident, I was in hospital for five months unaware that payment was due. I paid for renewal five days ago, but the domain is still offline and  none of the mail-addresses are receiving (important) mails.
I found a mail address for one of Godaddy's support departments, but they replied "sorry, we are not responsible for your problem - please phone xxxxx".
They could have passed my mail on to whoever may be responsible, but 'No, why would they do that?' stupid idea!

As such, I am unable to phone the company and no-one is responsible for accepting my payment, but not putting my domain back online...

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@Rob_Hall 

When you do a WHOIS lookup it shows gigahost as the DNS - however when you do a DNS lookup no name servers reply - which would imply that your domain is not configured at GigaHost

One option is to switch the DNS to GoDaddy - make sure the site loads to the parked page and then either use GoDaddy to manage the DNS or point it back to Gigahost - If the site doesn't come up after that than it would be 100% a gigahost issue

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

TLH

Hi @Rob_Hall,

Welcome to the Community.

If your domain had been expired for a while before renewal, the DNS would have defaulted back to the nameservers for a parked page. It would be the responsibility of the domain owner to redirect the domain to your host upon renewal, making any updates necessary. You can use this article to make that update.  

GoDaddy has opted for live, real-time support options instead of email support. So no one will "forward" your inquiry to another department. (It's an automated reply - nothing personal.) However, chat is available pretty much 24/7 for any help you may need, if calling is an issue for you. You'll want to try one of two things to connect.

1) use an incognito window

2) change the region in the lower, black area on the support page to US-English

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at godaddy.com/help/contact-us

5 REPLIES 5
PL281
Super User IV

@Rob_Hall 

So I just did a WHOIS lookup https://www.godaddy.com/whois/results.aspx?checkAvail=1&domain=hall-net.eu

and your domain is showing pointing to GigaHost.DK - I'm guessing you were using them for hosting - so although you renewed your domain name - it looks like perhaps your hosting services expired as well.

I suggest reaching out to them ASAP - as based one what I see the site / server went offline 22 days ago - however that may have been after the grace period and they may have a restore fee on top of your hosting fee.

Hope this helps you out.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Hi, Thanks for your reply. Actually, I contacted Gigahost first before they informed me that the domain is only hosted by them.
It's my oldest site -- all hosted by Gigahost. My problem is not Gigahost, but the fact that Godaddy just doesn't have any form of support.
Yes, they'll take your cash, but that is all they'll do.

@Rob_Hall 

When you do a WHOIS lookup it shows gigahost as the DNS - however when you do a DNS lookup no name servers reply - which would imply that your domain is not configured at GigaHost

One option is to switch the DNS to GoDaddy - make sure the site loads to the parked page and then either use GoDaddy to manage the DNS or point it back to Gigahost - If the site doesn't come up after that than it would be 100% a gigahost issue

The DNS names are set to the only names available already.
Incognito mode to be able to contact support?? The most stupid idea I ever heard of, but it worked -- thanks!

TLH

Hi @Rob_Hall,

Welcome to the Community.

If your domain had been expired for a while before renewal, the DNS would have defaulted back to the nameservers for a parked page. It would be the responsibility of the domain owner to redirect the domain to your host upon renewal, making any updates necessary. You can use this article to make that update.  

GoDaddy has opted for live, real-time support options instead of email support. So no one will "forward" your inquiry to another department. (It's an automated reply - nothing personal.) However, chat is available pretty much 24/7 for any help you may need, if calling is an issue for you. You'll want to try one of two things to connect.

1) use an incognito window

2) change the region in the lower, black area on the support page to US-English

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at godaddy.com/help/contact-us