cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain Renewal Date Format - Can I change it?

Hi,

The domain renewal date format is very confusing for example 04/11/18, I assumed was 11th November 2018 as every part of my account lists Australia.

I don't want to have to go to Whois every time to double check.  Is there some way I change a setting in my account to format the dates. 

Go Daddy is a global company and nearly every other country in the world use DD-MM-YYYY or at the very least work to the Global standard of  ISO 8601 guidelines of YYYY-MM-DD.

Once again I ask, is there a setting I can change in my account to format to a standard that is not confusing?

5 REPLIES 5
Super User III Super User III
Super User III

Re: Domain Renewal Date Format - Can I change it?

ISO 8601 has my vote!

Hey GoDaddy,

Any update on this request please?

Thanks,

Will.

Hi @WillyWombat.

Thanks for posting and being a part of the GoDaddy Community. 

No plans to roll this out yet, but I would be happy to pass this along to our development team in hopes that this is something they can add into accounts in the future. 

KristyW - GoDaddy | Community Moderator | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Super User III Super User III
Super User III

ISO 8601 still has my vote.

(YYYY-MM-DD)

Hi Kristy,

Thanks for your reply.  I hope this can be addressed soon.  Perhaps we're a bit slow down here in AU (too many bushfires and snakes or something :-) but when I see a date like 03-05-2019, my mind strobes between March and May like a bad disco.

Nate, I agree, ISO 8601 would suit perfectly!

Thanks!