cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Default Nameservers

So I had investigated and even found the help section on Godaddy's website how to manage domains and eventually nameservers. Lo and behold, now that I have initiated the transfers and want to manage my DNS records, the main NS records are locked in with GoDaddy. I am a bit upset. I feel like I was conned into paying ~70$ for something that won't do what it advertized.

What are my options here? Anyone with advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Re: Default Nameservers

Greetings @drjp81,

I want to help, but I'm trying to understand the situation without knowledge of your account. Are you transferring domains? If this is the case it can take 5 to 7 days to complete that process through the registry and it would be correct to say you cannot update DNS until a registration transfer is complete.

If the domains are already with us, check your account or a WHOIS to see if the DNS is set to us. Your DNS is managed where your domains are registered, so you should be able to edit the records under DNS Management. I would suggest contacting 24/7 Support for help determining what the settings should be and then get help in editing them if need be.

There is generally no reason they would be "locked-in" unless a certain product requires a certain setting. Again, Support can look at the account and domains to make the determination before editing so that needed settings are not "broken" by an update.

I hope that helps,

Thomas D. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution

Re: Default Nameservers

Greetings @drjp81,

I want to help, but I'm trying to understand the situation without knowledge of your account. Are you transferring domains? If this is the case it can take 5 to 7 days to complete that process through the registry and it would be correct to say you cannot update DNS until a registration transfer is complete.

If the domains are already with us, check your account or a WHOIS to see if the DNS is set to us. Your DNS is managed where your domains are registered, so you should be able to edit the records under DNS Management. I would suggest contacting 24/7 Support for help determining what the settings should be and then get help in editing them if need be.

There is generally no reason they would be "locked-in" unless a certain product requires a certain setting. Again, Support can look at the account and domains to make the determination before editing so that needed settings are not "broken" by an update.

I hope that helps,

Thomas D. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

View solution in original post