cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

China Domain Activation

It's been almost a month but still I can't activate my .cn domain purchased from GoDaddy. I keep receiving notifications that my uploaded validation documents cannot be verified but no other details are given. 

GoDaddy support has been non responsive at all.

Does anyone have any similar experience or suggestions to help me activate my .cn domain?  

4 REPLIES 4

Re: China Domain Activation

Hi @JonNg81,

Thanks for posting. It could be an issue with the type of documents you are providing. I'd recommend reviewing the .CN real name validation accepted documents. If you find that you are sending over the correct documents then you will need to contact live support for assistance. Hope that helps!

Lisi - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Hi @Lisi thanks for your reply. I've submitted the right documents several times now and still cannot verify. Their support line is hardly helpful because they'll me the same thing over and over again, which is submit documents as per described (which I've already done). Take a look at the latest email reply from GoDaddy. It doesn't even state the reason why my verification failed! I'm really at a loss now. I cannot believe that it's been more than a month and I still can't activate my domain and support has been practically non-existent. I highly doubt that I'll ever use GoDaddy again. I hope by sharing my experience here, it serves as a cautionary tale to anyone who's considering resigstering .cn domains with GoDaddy. 

Capture.JPG

@JonNg81 I have the same issue and I was wondering how did you get this issuer sorted out ? It's been also a month now and after several phone call of 40 minute each I still cannot get this done and my domain .cn still not activated. Please can you tell me if how did you get your domain activated ? 

Thanks

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @scenium,

I hope that you've been able to figure this out but if not, here's our article that might be of some help to you https://www.godaddy.com/help/activate-cn-domains-real-name-validation-16586. Take care!

Rachel