cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Cancellation hold status - what does it mean?

I wanted to transfer my .online domain but it was going to expire in 8 days and I couldn’t do that. So I decided to delete it manually to make it available for new registration faster. I thought that it could take about 3 days or at least it will become available when it expires. So now I have:
1. A cancelled domain which is deleted from my godaddy account
2. The domain is already expired 2 days ago
3. I still cannot register it again (it’s “taken” by me)
4. The status of the domain that is visible in “expired domains” - “Cancellation Hold”.
And I can’t find the explanation of this status and wanna know when will it be available for registration. Or should I recover the domain, pay to godaddy and then transfer?

Also I’ve read about the deleting of expired domains https://uk.godaddy.com/help/renewing-my-expired-domain-name-609

but as I understood, the terms is only aply  to .com, .net, .org, .info, .biz, .us, .ws, .name, .cc, .mobi, .me and .tv domain names. What about .online? 

1 REPLY 1
Solution

Re: Cancellation hold status - what does it mean?

Hi @Oltremare_verde,

Welcome to the Community!

The .ONLINE domains are controlled by i-Registry ltd. If the domain is on "cancellation hold" in your account, it will remain for 5 days before we return it to this Registry. You may recover it in your GoDaddy account during those 5 days with a renewal. Once it is returned to the Registry they may hold it for 30 days (or longer- at their discretion). The help article you reference applies to domains that have expired, not canceled prior to expiration by the customer.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support