• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

White blank page on wordpress site

I have keep my wordpress application on VPS . Here is the website url :  http://132.148.83.26/~reneblum5567/ . I don't think there is any issue with .htaccess file. Can you please help.I am stucked in this from last 3 days.

8 REPLIES 8
    Super User II Super User II
    Super User II
    Solution

Re: White blank page on wordpress site

First we have to get you into the site because you probably have a conflict of some sort.  Have you updated or added any new plugins or a new theme?  If so we look at those first.

=> If you add something new we want to deactivate them via FTP by renaming their folder.  Once deactivated you should be able to long in again.  If you didn't add anything new...

=> FTP into your server and rename the plugin directory (located in the wp-content directory) to plugins.old.  Then see if you still have a whitescreen.  If the whitescreen is gone, you now know one of your plugins is a problem child.

=> Next, login to your dashboard. Then, go back in via FTP and restore the plugin folder name back to "plugins".  Proceed to activate plugins one by one until you find out which plugin hiccups and needs to be replaced.

=> If changing the plugins directory name did not work -- it could be your theme.  Do the same by renaming your theme's folder to deactivate it.  themename.old

This process of trial and error should help you determine what isn't playing nice with your site.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
    "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Thomas Edison

Website not working 404 error on one page

On my blog page only I have the 

Error 404-Page NOT Found

Right side widget shows recent posts and resetting permalinks does nothing. 

I've seen to instructions to update your ftp client, or log in to your server and modify the  .htaccess file.

I have NO IDEA how to do either of these things. Is there something I can do to fix this? If you respond with something please be complete in the response with where to go, how to access etc. not just "update your .htaccess file". If I don't know where it is...

THIS TIME I fixed it but I'd still like to know how to access the htaccess file please. 

Managed Wordpress Site Loads to Blank Page

Hello,

I cannot access my site. The front-end and the admin panel both load to a blank page. I can't get through to support using the chat feature- they are always unavailable. I am from Fiji so calling on the support line will incur a huge cost for me therefore I would be extremely grateful to any one who can help me out.

Thanks,

Re: Managed Wordpress Site Loads to Blank Page

Did you update Jetpack recently? That might be the problem:
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cannot-get-it-to-work-4-8/

White blank page on wordpress site

Getting a white blank page when I click on WP Admin. I am a complete novice at this so have not understood the solutions that have been posted. Please can someone help me get to my posts and dashboard again. The website is working fine, I just cant do any work on it.

Thanks!

Super User II
    Solution

@Greenland1982

That's fondly nicknames the "White Screen of Death" and indicates you have a conflict of some sort.   The only way to resolve that and get back into your dashboard is to go through a troubleshooting process to determine what is causing the conflict.

I have an article on how to do that: How to Easily Fix a WordPress White Screen (and Troubleshoot for Conflicts) 

HTH! 😉

Judith
    "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Thomas Edison

1. I GET A BLANK PAGE ON GOING TO www.mysitename.com/wp-admin
    2. WHAT FTP??? there is not FTP . I bought a managed wordpress hoting account and i used to login via this link. Where is FTP?

Highlighted
    Super User II
    Solution

@Docrohitsharma

Here's the link about how to use FTP with your Managed WordPress hosting.

HTH!

Judith