• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How to cancel a hosting and get a refund?

Hello

Yesterday I purchased a WP Manged hosting and today I would like to cancel it due to some issues I faced with my site. So technically it had been less than 30 days so how can I cancel and get a refund?

when I try to click cancel this account I find this message "NOTE Canceling this Deluxe Managed WordPress Websites - 1 Year account does not entitle you to a refund of any fees paid."

What does that mean? 

10 REPLIES 10
    Helper VI
    Helper VI

Re: How to cancel a hosting and get a refund?

@IsaAl122 you should contact support either via chat or phone. They can help you with the refund process.

Here you have a list of their phone numbers.

Hope it helps!

If you find my replies helpful, give me a like or kudo Smiley Happy
    And if I solved your issue, mark it as solution Smiley Very Happy
    Helper I

FYI -- I just tried to cancel my Managed WP Hosting (that I've had nothing but problems with for months and months), and I was told I was NOT eligible for any pro-rated refund since I prepaid for X amount of time. 

The best they could do was turn OFF auto-renewal so that it will NOT charge me again when my hosting plan runs out. 

Helper VI
    Helper VI

@mtnrox-co well, the thing is that the refund policy runs for 30 days from the initial purchase. And you say you have had problems with it for months and months. You should have asked for a refund before the 30 days have passed.

Helper I

Yeah, @jpablo -- The really bad hosting issues didn't start within those first 30 days, so I would have been stuck $$-wise no matter what. 

Helper VI
    Helper VI

@mtnrox-co well, I'm sorry you can't have a refund. Have you tried to contact support and ask them if they can take what you have already paid in exchange for another service?

Helper I

@jpablo -- Because of how poorly my situation has been handled in the last few weeks, I won't be using any GD services again. 

My domain registrations are paid up for quite a while, but I may even move those to another registrar when the time comes. 

I've been a customer for 10+ years. That's how bad things have been for me recently. I hired another company, and they helped me move all my sites to their servers. 

Helper VI
    Helper VI

@mtnrox-co Oh, that's awful!

I never had major issues with GD. And when something came up, support had helped me quite well.

Sorry to hear that wasn't your case.

Cheers!

Highlighted

How can i get the refund for Basic Managed WordPress Websites and Office 365?

My account automatically charged the fee from VISA for Domain, Basic Managed WordPress Websites and Office 365, it paid me 215.76 AUD and 15.17 USD. I abaddoned my website 9 months ago and i didn't know that autorenewal mode in my account was enable. 

Hours ago, I contacted to Godaddy Custumer Service and did axactly what they said. I deleted all packages that concern with my website domain, it concluded Domain, Basic Managed WordPress Websites and Office 365. From now on, I just recieved the notification about the refund of my old domain, it's 15.17 USD . How about the rest of them, that means 215.76 AUD? And How long the money paid back to my VISA?

It happend yesterday, Feb 22th.

How can i get the refund for Basic Managed WordPress Websites and Office 365?

My account automatically charged the fee from VISA for Domain, Basic Managed WordPress Websites and Office 365, it paid me 215.76 AUD and 15.17 USD. I abaddoned my website 9 months ago and i didn't know that autorenewal mode in my account was enable. 

Hours ago, I contacted to Godaddy Custumer Service and did axactly what they said. I deleted all packages that concern with my website domain, it concluded Domain, Basic Managed WordPress Websites and Office 365. From now on, I just recieved the notification about the refund of my old domain, it's 15.17 USD . How about the rest of them, that means 215.76 AUD? And How long the money paid back to my VISA?

It happend yesterday, Feb 22th.

Employee
    Employee
    Solution

@IsaAl122wrote:

Hello

Yesterday I purchased a WP Manged hosting and today I would like to cancel it due to some issues I faced with my site. So technically it had been less than 30 days so how can I cancel and get a refund?

when I try to click cancel this account I find this message "NOTE Canceling this Deluxe Managed WordPress Websites - 1 Year account does not entitle you to a refund of any fees paid."

What does that mean? 

@IsaAl122

@timberblack

@mtnrox-co

Hi everyone,
    For product cancellations and refunds, most requests are going to be account specific. You can check out our refund policy to review if your product/services may be eligible for a refund with cancellation:
    https://www.godaddy.com/agreements/showdoc.aspx?pageid=19963&prog_id=PROG_ID
    Our care teams are great at helping you determine if we can help resolve an issue with a product or helping you review your account for cancellation and refund eligibility. By contacting our live support teams, they can give you more details to help you with the specific accounts and charges
    in your account.

We’re unable to issue refunds on behalf of customers through Community.

Best regards,

Michael A. - GoDaddy | Employee
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support