• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How do I reset managed WordPress to its initial state?

I need to reset my managed wordpress site to its original settings.

I'm a newbie to wordpress and am trying to build a website using a purchased theme.

I have somehow managed to screw up everything by importing demo content one to many times and then deleting certain pages. 

Can I do it myself or do i need to contact support?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey @Appleised,

I believe that I have found the solution.
    and @JMPepper, Sorry in advanced if this was what you were interpreting, I did not understand what you were meaning)

A Just-in-case Disclaimer: Following the steps below will erase all data connected with your WordPress hosting plan and start fresh.

Step 1: Go to your account/purchased products  (Your Account)

Step 2: (Image Steps: Display Step 2😞 Where your WordPress package is click Manage (You may need yo click manage 2 times depending on how many hosting plans you have) 

Step 3: (Image Steps: Display Step 3😞 Review IP and Domain to make sure you're resetting the correct domain >>> Click 3 dots/settings >>> click remove >>> Allow 5-10 minutes before attempting to re-add domain or using /wp-admin

Step 4:  Repeat steps 1 and 2 

Step 5: Click Add site and then follow those steps from there.

• Sub-Step: make sure to check "I'm building a brand new site".

Additionally, If these steps still don't work and you know what the error-causing file is, View this forum for FTP steps and remove the error-causing file.

Best of luck,
    — Joshua 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
    Advocate VII

Hi @Appleised,

Been there, done that!  You have a couple of options.

If you want to keep your theme and options as set now, but without content:

>>>Go to your Managed WP Dashboard, click on Settings>Staging.

>>>>>>>>>Click on Copy production theme and plugins (no content)

You'll now have a true barebones installation.  As a caveat to this, if your theme installation provided you with a base set of pages specific to your type of installation, they will not be in this reset.

You can also create a brand new wp installation and start over from scratch by clicking on the New Managed WordPress box.  This is the route I usually take.  As a hint, after you have your theme installed, plugins installed, and uploaded a couple of media files to establish media folders, FTP this site to your pc.  You'll have an offline archive/core for your installation.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites
    Helper V

@Appleised, I don't know if this is one of the options @JMPepper suggested, but GoDaddy does do automatic backups of managed WordPress sites. I am not sure, I think it is just a backup of the database portion so it would not be a backup of photos and some other things. So for the future at least, you might be able to revert to a previous version without wiping out everything. Something else you might want to do (that I am not familiar with the details) is to get a copy of a backup that you can restore from anytime later that you need to.

If you want to learn how to learn WordPress like an experienced developer then you can install WordPress into your local computer.

Hey @Appleised,

I believe that I have found the solution.
    and @JMPepper, Sorry in advanced if this was what you were interpreting, I did not understand what you were meaning)

A Just-in-case Disclaimer: Following the steps below will erase all data connected with your WordPress hosting plan and start fresh.

Step 1: Go to your account/purchased products  (Your Account)

Step 2: (Image Steps: Display Step 2😞 Where your WordPress package is click Manage (You may need yo click manage 2 times depending on how many hosting plans you have) 

Step 3: (Image Steps: Display Step 3😞 Review IP and Domain to make sure you're resetting the correct domain >>> Click 3 dots/settings >>> click remove >>> Allow 5-10 minutes before attempting to re-add domain or using /wp-admin

Step 4:  Repeat steps 1 and 2 

Step 5: Click Add site and then follow those steps from there.

• Sub-Step: make sure to check "I'm building a brand new site".

Additionally, If these steps still don't work and you know what the error-causing file is, View this forum for FTP steps and remove the error-causing file.

Best of luck,
    — Joshua 

View solution in original post

my website page is showing a blogger page.i dont want to show it.please solve my problem

How can I reset my Managed Wordpress Hosting account to its initial state?

I have tried to install a Wordpress website using a free domain that comes with the plan. But later on I removed it to install a new site using a domain that I've just purchased. The problem is I can't use the purchased domain because I can't choose it from the "Pick your domain" drop down menu. It appears for about 2-3 seconds then it quickly changes to "You do not have any available accounts to select from".

You click on your name.  Click on My Products.  Find Wordpress.  Delete your site.  Start again.