• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Cannot Access Hosting Panel

I need to be able to access the files and folders of my website.  Normally theres a control panel but I cant seem to find one.  Please can you point me in the right direction.  Thank you

11 REPLIES 11
    Retired
    Not applicable

Hi @alioops,

try 'cpanel.yourDomainName.xxx' If you have correctly set up your hosting then you will be asked for your user name and pass

Hey @Retired,

You'd be correct if @alioops is on a cPanel hosting plan. However, it sounds like they're actually using Managed WordPress which doesn't include a cPanel interface.

If they need access to the files within their WordPress account, then they'd need to use SFTP instead

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support
    Retired
    Not applicable

That's fine,

but I fail to see how I was supposed to glean that 'it seems they're using managed wordpress' from the initial question? I could have perhaps if I was paid support. It's very easy being absolutely spot on when having inside access. 

Us that volunteer support often have to make an intelligent 🤓 guess. As someone once said about computers, garbage in = garbage out. In other words, a good answer is dependant on two things, a good question and good information. 

I just try try best. 

Hey @Retired,

My apologies. I realize my last reply missed the mark. Smiley Sad  Didn't mean to imply anything was wrong, just that the situation might be different than it appears. In either instance I wanted to be sure anyone else reading this discussion had all options to consider in case they're encountering a similar situation on their end. 

Sent you a Private Message as well. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support
    Retired
    Not applicable

@CG,

Thank you for that Smiley Happy Much appreciated, takes b**** to do that and I appreciate it Smiley Happy

New

My cPanel seems nowhere to be found. I need it to do some optimisations for my site's performance. Could it have been disabled or something like that?

Hi there,

What kind of hosting do you have?

~Jan Mykhail Hasselbring Web Administrator @ fullstackwebsolution.com

I have a site using "Managed WordPress"

You can double check with support I do not think managed sites have cPanel

~Jan Mykhail Hasselbring Web Administrator @ fullstackwebsolution.com

I see, thanks for that! Hoping to find a way around this.

Hi 

I have recently rent a wordpress hosting server, however I cant not find the cPanel for that. Is this because the package I choose ( basic wordpress hosting) or it is because of the wordpress hosting itself. Once I have rent the standard hosting package (Linux system), and there is a cPanel. 

Thanks