• GoDaddy Community
  • How to Market Your Business
  • How to Market Your Business

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Visitor stats gone down?

hi, I have a gardening hobbyist site. Previously I was on an old web builder (not sure which one it was, I started in 2017), now I am on Website & Marketing Basic.

Previously I averaged something like 400-800 visitors per month as shown by the Godaddy visitor stats.

Since switching to the new Web builder at the end of January I've had no visitors whatsoever.

When you switch over the old content gets wiped but it was only down for about 20 mins and I've built most of it back.

I tried using POWr and that says the same. No visitors other than me checking the site from my phone, tablet etc.

So were the old web builder stats totally wrong? Why has it changed?

10 REPLIES 10
    Super User IV

@markgriffiths 

1) What is your URL

2) The stats are delayed - if you hover over the ? icon it says up to 48 hours.

I can't speak to the old version of the site - I'd just like to see what is showing in Google and any insight I can provide

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

hi, thanks for the reply. Even if it were 48 hours delayed I'd expect more that zero visitors since 30th Jan. the site is inspiringplants.org

@markgriffiths 

So a couple of things

1) Your images are broken - not sure if you need to republish the site or re-upload the images

2) Google Results - Currently many of the google results for your site have .html on the page names from the old site where as the new system is just the page name - that will affect it as well. 

Some of the new pages are already showing up.

Also at least on the homepage I was not getting a menu in the top bar which is where most would think to search for it. 

3) I noticed you have some TXT records for Office 365, but your MX records are pointed to GoDaddy WorkSpace - so you might need to adjust that

Last point is if the old system was showing visitors or page views (I'm not sure) but if it was page views you can have 10 visitors create 100 page views as they go through the site

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

yikes re the images..that shouldn't be happening..also the menu is there, it's a standard part of the template from Godaddy..maybe this is due to the slowness of the site that Muse isn't mentioning..

GTmetrix.com worked for me...I don't really know what any of this means..that's why I'm using the Godaddy web builder..

so the results are;

A Page Speed 93%

C Yellow Score 76%

Fully loaded time 5.4 sec

Hello mark, hows the progress now and have you started getting the traffic back?

hi, we had an internet outage here for several days so sorry for the late reply. It's now at 43...that could be down to people having a look from this forum (I think I'd managed to rack up about 20 visitor hits myself) or it could be that it's starting to pick up...

@markgriffiths 

Yes I believe the broken images are leading to the slowness - in that it is trying to load the broken images and slowing it down - it maybe as simple as re-publishing the site

Super User II

@markgriffiths 

Things off the top of my head:  😉

=> Are the URLs exactly the same from the old to the new site?  If not that could by why as it will take time for the new URLs to be found and indexed.

=> If you changed or modified any of your content that could impact rankings.

=> Run your site through GTMetrix.com to see if there are any glaring problems that may cause this.

UPDATE:  Your site is sludge-slow.  I tried running thru GTMetrix.com for you -- twice and both times received the following errors:

Analysis Error

An error occurred fetching the page: write failed: Bad file descriptor

Analysis Error

An error occurred fetching the page: HTTPS error: Connection reset by peer

Maybe get in touch with GoDaddy support and run the above by them and see what they have to say?

Judith
    "I never lose. Either I win or I learn." ~ Me

the URLs are different and that might be part of it.

I am seeing when I do a specific search for a particular plant it is showing up on google..bit concerned about the GTmetrix thing...maybe it's the images? Can I get Godaddy to look at it without having to ring them? 

I'm having problems here in the UK re sites being generally slow..maybe that's part of it?