cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

moving hosting site godaddy to godaddy

Hello guys, this is my first post in here. Here is my scenario, I purchased a hosting and a domain from godaddy one year back.It is a linux shared hosting and I installed wordpress on it. Site is in Good condition. Now i want to buy another hosting from godaddy and want to move the site from old one to new along with the domain. So what will be the procedure for that. I want to keep the domain name same.I do not want to renew the old hosting. But I will renew the domain. Please help me with this.

4 REPLIES 4
Super User II
Super User II

Re: moving hosting site godaddy to godaddy

@birojit wrote:

Hello guys, this is my first post in here. Here is my scenario, I purchased a hosting and a domain from godaddy one year back.It is a linux shared hosting and I installed wordpress on it. Site is in Good condition. Now i want to buy another hosting from godaddy and want to move the site from old one to new along with the domain. So what will be the procedure for that. I want to keep the domain name same.I do not want to renew the old hosting. But I will renew the domain. Please help me with this.

@birojit I would recommend purchasing the new hosting and then transferring your files via FTP or using the import/export tool, you'll also need to move your database as well. I would reach out to Godaddy and see if its possible to simply upgrade your hosting, I know they offer a site transfer service but I do not know much about it.

Here are the instructions from Wordpress on how to move the site: https://codex.wordpress.org/Moving_WordPress

----

Highlighted
Solution

Re: moving hosting site godaddy to godaddy

Yeah thanks for helping, first I took those backups on my desktop and then I bought a new hosting from GoDaddy again with the same account set that up with another domain/subdomain name then uploaded the backups i.e wordpess zip file and data base file to there directly.Then I change the old hosting's domain name with a subdomain to release the main domain name and then the put it on my new hosting site.

Thanks to you and GoDaddy tech support team.

Moving my Godaddy Hosted Sites to a new GoDaddy Hosted account

I have an Enterprise Business Hosting account with 111 WordPress websites in it.

However, some of the owners of the sites I am hosting are complaining that they are getting a 503 error. Upon checking, I don't see any upgrade option to my hosting account anymore.

If I open a new hosting account, will it be easy to transfer some of the sites in the current account to that one?

Is there a guide I can follow for this process? Thank you for the help.

Re: Moving my Godaddy Hosted Sites to a new GoDaddy Hosted account

I'm not sure this is going to help.  We have a VPS with Go Daddy and our customers are getting 503 and 404 errors.   Internally we are seeing network errors and server drop-outs.  

We have diagnosed these errors for around 2 months now, and finally worked out they are something to do with the WHM/cPanel installs GoDaddy puts on their servers.

When speaking to first line support (the call-centre) they say there's nothing they can do.  As the problem is escalated, it transpires that GoDaddy don't provide support (in any fashion) for 3rd party software.  This includes cPanel and WHM, even though that's what they sell you for front-end administration.

We unloaded the website and put it onto a local Linux Server with the same configuration but no admin panel, and it has worked flawlessly for around 6 weeks now.

Something is broken at GoDaddy.  Getting them to do something about it seems to be problematic.   Investing in a new service, when it is the same support team, running the same UI Panel on the same virtualised server platform (I believe GoDaddy use Virtuozzo for Linux) is not guaranteed to solve the problems.  As the underlying platform for the Linux VPS and Shared hosting is a single Linux Kernel, and that Kernel has to export it's core functionality to the various distributions sitting on top of it, the number of moving parts that has to be maintained is huge.  Tracking down any one particular problem is also huge.

When your support organisation suggests it's easier for you to move to a new server, rather than fix the problems that are manifesting themselves on your old server, maybe it's time to look at other options.

We've been through the same issues, and it appears from talking to other hosting suppliers we are not alone.

I will keep you updated on our progress with GoDaddy if we choose to stay and work with them, or where we go if this proves to be a resource hog of our time, people and money.