cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Transfering hosting service from one domain to another domain

Hi all,

I have one Godaddy account with several domains. I have one hosting service attached to one of my domains. I am retiring that domain. I purchased another domain to replace that. I want to switch which domain my hosting service is attached to. I tried to find out how to do it, but only found stuff on how to switch from one account to another account or to another registrar, which is NOT what I want to do. 
I just want to have my hosting set up under a different domain now. 

3 REPLIES 3
Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: Transfering hosting service from one domain to another domain

@LadyRadiantJoy wrote:

Hi all,

I have one Godaddy account with several domains. I have one hosting service attached to one of my domains. I am retiring that domain. I purchased another domain to replace that. I want to switch which domain my hosting service is attached to. I tried to find out how to do it, but only found stuff on how to switch from one account to another account or to another registrar, which is NOT what I want to do. 
I just want to have my hosting set up under a different domain now. 

@LadyRadiantJoy Follow the instructions below on how to change your hosted domain:

Cpanel: https://www.godaddy.com/help/change-your-accounts-domain-in-cpanel-hosting-16163

Classic hosting: https://www.godaddy.com/help/change-your-accounts-domain-web-and-classic-hosting-8344

---

I apologize for my ignorance. 

I'm not sure which one I have. When I went to go look at my web hosting it says: "Hosting - Web - Deluxe - Linux - US Region - Monthly (recurring)" I think that means it's classic, but since the directions are different for each one (I read them both in the hopes of figuring it out on my own), I would rather be sure. 

Solution

Nevermind. I used the chat service to find out for sure.